Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS, XS Max and XR

Options
  • 13-09-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

So preorders start at 8.01am. What are people going for memory and colour wise?

I planning to go with XS Max 64GB , I dont need the extra storage. Thinking about Gold as its a new colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm gonna wait until I'm in New York next month and put my hands on the XS Max and then I'll make the decision of the jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I'm gonna wait until I'm in New York next month and put my hands on the XS Max and then I'll make the decision of the jump.

I am sure there will be demo models in stores here very soon for that purpose. I also have a trip coming up to NYC in November but I have promised my X to my younger brother starting college this week so cant be without one for 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

dan786 wrote: »
    I am sure there will be demo models in stores here very soon for that purpose. I also have a trip coming up to NYC in November but I have promised my X to my younger brother starting college this week so cant be without one for 2 months.

21st they go on sale. Probably see them in CompuB stores first.

Shn99 wrote: »
    21st they go on sale. Probably see them in CompuB stores first.

I seen demos in stores last year before they went on sale during the pre-order window. I think it was in Harvey Norman.

That's true, but I have a work trip right before I go to New York so unlikely I'll get to see one here before I go.. maybe I'll find an Apple store in Lisbon.. dunno if there's one there though... (to Google I go :) )

• Advertisement

That's true, but I have a work trip right before I go to New York so unlikely I'll get to see one here before I go.. maybe I'll find an Apple store in Lisbon.. dunno if there's one there though... (to Google I go :) )

Only premium re-sellers like us. :(

Only premium re-sellers like us. :(

So I see... guess I can wait until NY.. I'm in no rush.

So I see... guess I can wait until NY.. I'm in no rush.

Enjoy, was in the WTC Apple store when i was in NY. Pity we dont have the proper stores over here.

Enjoy, was in the WTC Apple store when i was in NY. Pity we dont have the proper stores over here.

I plan on checking that one out, I was in the one on the corner of Central Park and the one in SOHO another time.

Have to agree, I really wish we had one here.. I guess it would have a big impact on CompuB if they did.. not that I would imagine Apple would be too bothered.

I plan on checking that one out, I was in the one on the corner of Central Park and the one in SOHO another time.

Have to agree, I really wish we had one here.. I guess it would have a big impact on CompuB if they did.. not that I would imagine Apple would be too bothered.

CompuB would probably end up closing tbh, only other way they'd probaly come to ireland is by buying out CompuB...anyway probably not going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

CompuB would probably end up closing tbh, only other way they'd probaly come to ireland is by buying out CompuB...anyway probably not going to happen
    no harm in that! They would see what actual customer service was

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AASPs aren't really allowed to offer good service, they get totally shafted by the rules from Cupertino. Jobs that could be 2hr turnaround becomes two weeks as they're forced to send units off.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    no harm in that! They would see what actual customer service was

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Hi folks,

So preorders start at 8.01am. What are people going for memory and colour wise?

I planning to go with XS Max 64GB , I dont need the extra storage. Thinking about Gold as its a new colour.

64GB Black for me moving up from the 8 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

What’s the easiest way of reserving one in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

I’m going to order an XS tomorrow. I’ve never used the preorder before. Would you usually get the phone on launch day if order as soon as the preorder opens?

rwald7 wrote: »
    I’m going to order an XS tomorrow. I’ve never used the preorder before. Would you usually get the phone on launch day if order as soon as the preorder opens?

If you order in first few mins or so. Last year the shipment time went two weeks after 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Don't know if it'll be as popular as last years X, that was a complete new departure from previous iPhone models.
    This years Xs is basically the same phone with very minor enhancements, I wouldn't be upgrading my X to an Xs and I suspect a lot will sit it out for another year.

However that being said, I'm totally in for an Xs Max 256Gb, I need as much screen real estate as possible for my most used App.
    I've loved the Stainless Silver and it's stood up well over the past year.

Hope the actual shipping won't be too long ... I'm keen to send this X back to Apple and get the microphone (fading in and out) fixed, then I can pass it on to someone else to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Same, looking to upgrade to the XS Max.

In New York next week, would be great if I can order one and collect in NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I think I'd be getting in the states if I really wanted one. 1450euro for the 256gb model and 1679 euro for the 512gb on the IE apple store! Now where did I leave that vaseline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

lordlame wrote: »

You can do that via the app and reserve for in store pic up.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I think I'd be getting in the states if I really wanted one. 1450euro for the 256gb model and 1679 euro for the 512gb on the IE apple store! Now where did I leave that vaseline.

Works around €1250 including tax.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

nice auld saving alright....worth waiting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

No trouble getting a GPS Series 4 watch, and an XS for Friday but XS Max is on a 24th-1st delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Well mine's a business phone so the Vat is reclaimable.

iPhone Xs Max 256Gb

Same model lists in the USA at $1248 = €1067 without any sales tax

Irish model lists at €1449 inclusive of vat €1178 less the vat = $1377

I hardly think €111 is excessive given the trouble to go get it, make sure you're not charged sales tax, smuggle it back into Ireland, then replace the US charger with an Irish plug equivalent. Then deal with any warranty issues.

I appreciate not everyone can reclaim the vat and a planned visit to the USA might prove the better option. ... each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rew wrote: »
    No trouble getting a GPS Series 4 watch, and an XS for Friday but XS Max is on a 24th-1st delivery

On the Irish site? Watches are showing as delivery mid to late October for me.

lordlame wrote: »

Just change the regions of your app store to USA and reserve one at a store with the store app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

adox wrote: »
    On the Irish site? Watches are showing as delivery mid to late October for me.

I ordered on the IE site this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I remember reading somewhere that the reason they don't have physical retail stores in Ireland is due to some tax law. As they technically manufacture some components in Cork, adding retail would implicate them for more tax. Not sure how true that is or not. Must do a search to find the article again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's a shame that we don't get an Apple store, but I don't have the same gripe with CompuB as others. Twice they've done big fixes on my MBP for nothing after sorting out any warranty stuff. Any delays were due to waiting for parts.

Advertisement