Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS, XS Max and XR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Are there any Glass screen protectors that cover the entire front of the phone?

I got the zagg glass case friendly
    Covers all except notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

shenron wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ESR-2-Pack-Protector-Premium-Tempered/dp/B074GWQMRS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537957895&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=iphone+xs+screen+protector&psc=1

It is a Glass Screen Protector... I bought it, now I'm just waiting for the iPhone to see how it fit and looks like.
    I bought those ones last year for my X.
    They do a good job, but they will scratch and they will crack (on the edges for me). They are easy to fit and stick very well. I replaced mine after about 4 months due to the amount of scratches. But, it does save your iPhone screen, which scratches wayyyyy too easily these day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got these ones :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G3QD9YK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They cover the entire front of the phone, including the notch.

I was worried it would effect the Face ID, but no issues so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I tend to buy bulk on the likes of Wish.
    I change them once the crack or badly bubble.

Bought 2 yesterday for €1.81 from the same seller I bought 2 off last year when I bought the X.

my sister got some matte ones on wish for her 7+ and they look to be great.

None available for the Xs Max on there at the moment tho, the matte seem to hide the finger prints too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

FYI I got screen protectors in TK Maxx 2 for €10

Rew wrote: »
    FYI I got screen protectors in TK Maxx 2 for €10

for the max?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Ordered the iPhone X Max 256GB today. Delivery is estimated between the 5th to the 11th. Hopefully I might get it a bit sooner

Out for delivery already. Should have it by tomorrow. That’s some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Others have already corrected you on this.
    Apple, I’m sure, would use that terminology; but it’s not most sold. I’d imagine, in terms of income, it’s their best selling.

Yeah, and I then clarified my statement...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CuriousOwl

Ordered my XS Max 64GB in Gold last Wednesday and arrived today - pretty good delivery time all considered.

• Advertisement

Yeah, and I then clarified my statement...

Thanks!
    You’re welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I took posesssion of the Xs Max last night 256. A great phone this is the phone I hoped Apple released last year. The X feels like a toy now. Perfect size IMO very comfortable in the hand.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I took posesssion of the Xs Max last night 256. A great phone this is the phone I hoped Apple released last year. The X feels like a toy now. Perfect size IMO very comfortable in the hand.

Yep, the Max with iOS 12, really is the best possible device in the line up right now!

Excited to see how they can improve on it for next year.

eeloe wrote: »
    Excited to see how they can improve on it for next year.
    Could they reduce the notch size, similar to the upcoming One Plus 6T or the Realme Pro2?
    Looking at those devices compared to the size of the notch on the iPhone or Pocophone; they look so much better. A rear or in screen finger print reader would be nice, rather than having to lift the screen to your face every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

Other biometrics will be the next thing I think. I heard in work that the devices will know who you are by how you hold the phone, the angle you look at the phone and how you type. There won’t even be Face ID or Touch ID...

I honestly don’t mind the notice size at the moment. Doesn’t really bother me, it’s much less noticeable on the Xs Max than it was on last years X.

Some battery improvements will be more than welcome next year, not saying the batteries on these devices are bad by any stretch of the imagination, but more battery is always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got an Anker screen protector on Amazon and it came with the alignment tool/frame.

Fits perfectly over the screen (part that is in use)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Protector-DoubleDefence-Technology-Alignment/dp/B074YXH9WX/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1538133236&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+iphone+x+screen+protector

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Got an Anker screen protector on Amazon and it came with the alignment tool/frame.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Protector-DoubleDefence-Technology-Alignment/dp/B074YXH9WX/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1538133236&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+iphone+x+screen+protector

This is 3 days too late for me :(
    Broke my screen few days ago €349 to replace :eek:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

That’s pretty cool. Never knew they had applicator for screen. Glass ones are tough to put on correct. Big fan of Anker as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That’s pretty cool. Never knew they had applicator for screen. Glass ones are tough to put on correct. Big fan of Anker as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjUeVo34Meg

• Advertisement

Anyone having this charging problem so far? Probably software related.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lRJuQtBmc

Anyone having this charging problem so far? Probably software related.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lRJuQtBmc

He’s never getting invited to an Apple Event again ;)

Anyways, I checked mine and it’s fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

brevity wrote: »
    He’s never getting invited to an Apple Event again ;)

Anyways, I checked mine and it’s fine.

He hasn’t ever been invited to an Apple Event. He started the media frenzy of bendgate back when the iPhone 6 came out.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    He hasn’t ever been invited to an Apple Event. He started the media frenzy of bendgate back when the iPhone 6 came out.

Was that the reason? I thought he had been before but they didn’t invite him back due him bad mouthing the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Yeah my Xs is doing that. I thought I just didn’t place the cable in right the first time but it happened again the night after. I had to wake the phone and plug it in again for the phone to recognize the charge cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Yeah my Xs is doing that. I thought I just didn’t place the cable in right the first time but it happened again the night after. I had to wake the phone and plug it in again for the phone to recognize the charge cycle.

If its widespread then it wont be long before Apple release a statement, will probably get a replacement if it turns out to be a hardware issue

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Shn99 wrote: »
    If its widespread then it wont be long before Apple release a statement, will probably get a replacement if it turns out to be a hardware issue

Ah I’m not overly concerned. It feels like a software bug so could be sorted quickly. My bet is someone forgot to add a battery management component to the allow to run in the background list 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ah I’m not overly concerned. It feels like a software bug so could be sorted quickly. My bet is someone forgot to add a battery management component to the allow to run in the background list 😂

Bit of an abysmal QA process I would think considering the price . They harp on about quality so much charging is a cornerstone of the phones operation how could QA babe overlooked this basic test

listermint wrote: »
    Bit of an abysmal QA process I would think considering the price . They harp on about quality so much charging is a cornerstone of the phones operation how could QA babe overlooked this basic test
    Maybe they weren't running iOS 12 in testing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Ah I’m not overly concerned. It feels like a software bug so could be sorted quickly. My bet is someone forgot to add a battery management component to the allow to run in the background list ��

I glanced through a few forums and most those that seem level headed are saying the same - software issue.

I don't understand why it wouldn't affect everyone though.

Advertisement