Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS, XS Max and XR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup the poster is assuming the XR won't be as fast as it doesn't have the gigabit class LTE chip which you can see from www.apple.com/ie/iphone/compare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

yes the XS range has 4×4 MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)

The iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus &iPhone XR only include 2×2 MIMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just got the shipment notification for my leather Xs Max Case.

Should be here Friday morning, hopefully Carphonewarehouse come through and have both devices i've pre ordered actually come in to stock! :)

MKBHD got his hands on gold Xs and Xs Max already for an unboxing? according to the video he got them at the launch event?? surely this is a first, apple letting influencers purchase phones at the launch event?

iJustine with the same thing, both of them have the 512gb models.

Something weird here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They gave X's to influencers last year a few days before hand.

Apparently journalists have them too:

https://twitter.com/adrianweckler/status/1041990751071215616

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eeloe wrote: »

iJustine with the same thing, both of them have the 512gb models.

Something weird here...
    today is the day that the embargo on reviews is lifted.

I just don't remember influencers ever having early access.

i remember watching many videos over the year of iJustine standing in line just like everyone else.

I just don't remember influencers ever having early access.

i remember watching many videos over the year of iJustine standing in line just like everyone else.

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/30/16577146/iphone-x-launch-teaser-video

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »

Just watched the video review on that page.

He's COMPLETELY wrong about how esim is going to work.

To be able to use esim while travelling to the states, your phone needs to be unlocked...

That was different, they were invited and given certain amounts of time with the device to do a review.

MKBHD and iJustine both have 512gb models, at their houses...as early as last week...videos only went live today....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

The Verge have a review up. It's a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

That was different, they were invited and given certain amounts of time with the device to do a review.

MKBHD and iJustine both have 512gb models, at their houses...as early as last week...videos only went live today....

They are review units and need to be returned. They both received one for review early last year too for the X.

They will be getting their personal pre-orders the same as the rest of the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just got the shipment notification for my leather Xs Max Case.

Should be here Friday morning, hopefully Carphonewarehouse come through and have both devices i've pre ordered actually come in to stock! :)

I think your mad buying this it offers zero protection to the base of the phone.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I think your mad buying this it offers zero protection to the base of the phone.

I've only used the apple leather and silicone cases on my X since day 1 and the device is perfect.

I've only used the apple leather and silicone cases on my X since day 1 and the device is perfect.

I wish I could say the same scratches on the base of mine with the Apple leather.

I wish I could say the same scratches on the base of mine with the Apple leather.

should be able to polish them out with a bit of autosol....it's SS after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The Verge is great I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The Verge is great I think.

Yeah they’re not afraid to call it how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

nokia211 wrote: »
    What’s your delivery date for the iPhone?

My XS 64GB order is preparing for dispatch with a delivery date of the 25th. Money came off my card this evening

M

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't get why people buy the ridiculously overpriced Apple cases. Plenty of better options available on the net.

However, I don't agree with your point. Glass on front and back needs the most protection and the corners can protect the less vulnerable base.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thinking of getting an Xr on Bill Pay with Three. Im guessing it'll be approx 500 up front on the 45/month plan? That sound about right ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

MM3 wrote: »
    My XS 64GB order is preparing for dispatch with a delivery date of the 25th. Money came off my card this evening

M

same here for my xs max

All my orders are preparing for dispatch since pre order day

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't get why people buy the ridiculously overpriced Apple cases. Plenty of better options available on the net.

However, I don't agree with your point. Glass on front and back needs the most protection and the corners can protect the less vulnerable base.

For the price of the official covers protection at the base is not much to ask.

Apple Leather XS case just arrived in this morn. Fits X but the camera bump on the XS looks to be bigger as there is a small bit of space on the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Yeah they’re not afraid to call it how it is.

Sadly not as much as they used to be back when it was set up. Nilay can still be good for calling things out, but a large amount of the staff are of the 'Apple can do no wrong' backing.

The on-going rumour is that's why Nilay still does the actual iPhone reviews himself.

From what I've seen of the reviews, they are of course largely positive, but MKBHD is calling out the battery life (again) and showing it was a relatively minor upgrade on the X.

I personally think 2019 is going to be a big year for new innovations, which we haven't seen much of for a long time now as the more recent launches have all been very formulaic.

A few companies are rumoured to be moving towards the 'under the glass' fingerprint scanner, which I prefer to Retina or Face-ID.

On a design note, it's great to see Apple finally committed to remove that horrible Home button, it took up too much space and made the previous phones far too big to use.

Apple Leather XS case just arrived in this morn. Fits X but the camera bump on the XS looks to be bigger as there is a small bit of space on the bottom

i've been tracking mine since it shipped, but it says it was in dublin at 6:30pm last night and no change since.

I know i obviously can't use it till friday, but i still want it! :D

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    A few companies are rumoured to be moving towards the 'under the glass' fingerprint scanner, which I prefer to Retina or Face-ID.

I love face ID, I use the phone as if its not locked, id be sad to see them ditch it back to finger prints both would be ideal.

Advertisement