Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS, XS Max and XR

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Wonder will the storm and cancelled flights mess with deliveries...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Rew wrote: »
    Wonder will the storm and cancelled flights mess with deliveries...

oh i'd say it will 100%

unfortunately.

I have a feeling theres massive stock in the country for the carriers already, they probably landed earlier this week and they're slowly starting to filter then through their channels of distribution already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Its annoying that the cases for the X might not fit the Xs. I've gone and bought this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076DXVPSL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NjJOBb646APBX

It says X/Xs but according to MKBHD there are differences around the camera size. Hopefully it will be ok.

brevity wrote: »
    It says X/Xs but according to MKBHD there are differences around the camera size. Hopefully it will be ok.

I put an XS case on my X this morn and the XS camera is slightly longer then the X so any very snug case wont fit

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murph76

Shn99 wrote: »
    21st they go on sale. Probably see them in CompuB stores first.

Good to know, can´t wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Rew wrote: »
    I put an XS case on my X this morn and the XS camera is slightly longer then the X so any very snug case wont fit

Update from MKBHD on case fitting

https://twitter.com/mkbhd/status/1042426675005415426?s=21

FourFourFM wrote: »

Yeah it is the same case I put on my X this morn, though for me it was more that there was space to the bottom. Looking at my Otter Box X case they left space around the camera so thats going to fit fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

I had a feeling i should have waited but wanted to have something for when the phone arrived.

Hopefully it will be ok.

brevity wrote: »
    I had a feeling i should have waited but wanted to have something for when the phone arrived.

Hopefully it will be ok.

Would have to be very snug and inflexible to not fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Wasn't iPhone X sales down? Slightly, but still down. iPad sales I don't believe have hit the highs from 4-years ago (that was the lats report I saw on them)?

X was their best selling phone ever...
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    A few companies are rumoured to be moving towards the 'under the glass' fingerprint scanner, which I prefer to Retina or Face-ID.

On a design note, it's great to see Apple finally committed to remove that horrible Home button, it took up too much space and made the previous phones far too big to use.

I've had the 8+ since launch and IMO, it was the best iPhone in a while... Great fit in the hand, great screen and it still had the finger print scanner, which i personally prefer. Would be great to see the under glass scanner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Not looking for an argument. Are you sure about that? Can you find those figures? The 6 may have done better.

Not looking for an argument. Are you sure about that? Can you find those figures? The 6 may have done better.

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-x-sales-estimated-to-beat-all-smartphones-in-q1-2018-chart-2018-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Sorry, should clarify. During the initial launch 'hype' period.

iPhone 6 was massive for total sales over it's life... It was the first major redesign and looked pretty. Was a good phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sorry, should clarify. During the initial launch 'hype' period.

iPhone 6 was massive for total sales over it's life... It was the first major redesign and looked pretty. Was a good phone.

It was the third major redesign. 3G was first, the 4 later and then the 6.

TThe iPhone 6 sold well because it was a new design and the first real big screen size change. Its best market was China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

iPhone Xr has the same ppi as the iPhone 4...

Not sure I want to get it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Is that discernible to the eye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Terrible decision by apple.

It's a deliberate ploy by Apple to get you to go for the other phones.

They could easily have put a 1080p screen which all other phones, including competition did but chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chang_su

I've had the 8+ since launch and IMO, it was the best iPhone in a while... Great fit in the hand, great screen and it still had the finger print scanner, which i personally prefer. Would be great to see the under glass scanner...

So true, nothing better than 8+!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ArthurG wrote: »
    Is that discernible to the eye?

I'd say you'd notice it on the larger screen alright.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Terrible decision by apple.

It's a deliberate ploy by Apple to get you to go for the other phones.

They could easily have put a 1080p screen which all other phones, including competition did but chose not to.

It’s the same PPI as the iPhone 8 & 7 just to name a couple. Which is a non issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It’s the same PPI as the iPhone 8 & 7 just to name a couple. Which is a non issue.

And the 6 which im using, unless your holding it 5cm from your eye you wont notice a thing. People are making it out to be a big deal when it really isnt...and with this "Liquid retina" screen im assuming it'd be even better

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah, there comes a point with displays when you just can't discern any more pixels. The difference between the 3GS and the 4 was night and day. We won't see that leap again. No doubt the screen on the XR will look better than the 4, despite the similar PPI.

It's similar to megapixels on a camera. More is the not the crucial factor - stuff like sensor size and lens specs are more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Others have already corrected you on this.
    Apple, I’m sure, would use that terminology; but it’s not most sold. I’d imagine, in terms of income, it’s their best selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

My iPhone has shipped with delivery still next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

martin_g wrote: »
    My iPhone has shipped with delivery still next Tuesday

same here

Trust me. Don’t worry about delivery date until tomorrow morning where for most people, it will update to the 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

My leather case for the XS says preparing for dispatch. Delivers 18-19 Sep by express shipping. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

There is meant to be plenty of stock available tomorrow with the networks, some of their pre-paid pricing is actually cheaper than Apple.ie

Might be worth a few phone calls.

Advertisement