Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS, XS Max and XR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

brevity wrote: »
    Got a text from Eir to say nightline will deliver the phone tomorrow

When did you order it?

I ordered one on Tuesday, they charged my card yesterday & I got a welcome to eir email this morning. No delivery notification yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MastersMan

Anyone order direct from apple and have the following still showing? Or had the below and got a dispatch notification?

Order In Progress
    Delivers 25 Sep - 2 Oct by Express Shipping

Money is still not taken. Ordered it on the 14th! Was hoping it would come early haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

ffocused wrote: »
    When did you order it?

I ordered one on Tuesday, they charged my card yesterday & I got a welcome to eir email this morning. No delivery notification yet for me.

I ordered it quite quickly once preorder was announced. Perhaps at 11am on Friday.

As a matter of interest, did you get an email detailing your new contract? Did it say how long the contract was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I ordered it quite quickly once preorder was announced. Perhaps at 11am on Friday.

As a matter of interest, did you get an email detailing your new contract? Did it say how long the contract was?

Thanks, contract stated as 12 months on the email. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

All the options i see online are 24 month contracts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

I got 12 months as well. Possible typo? Normally these things are 24 months. I'll be saying nothing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I got 12 months as well. Possible typo? Normally these things are 24 months. I'll be saying nothing though.

Fair enough! Would be a nice mistake for them to make!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

MastersMan wrote: »
    Anyone order direct from apple and have the following still showing? Or had the below and got a dispatch notification?

Order In Progress
    Delivers 25 Sep - 2 Oct by Express Shipping

Money is still not taken. Ordered it on the 14th! Was hoping it would come early haha

Yeah I ordered an XS and an XS Max the max is still showing processing and delivery 24th-1st

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MastersMan

Rew wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered an XS and an XS Max the max is still showing processing and delivery 24th-1st

Ok cool, I ordered the 64gb space grey max. Just have to be patient so!!

MastersMan wrote: »
    Ok cool, I ordered the 64gb space grey max. Just have to be patient so!!

I thing that was the most in most demand hence I could get an XS no prob but have to wait on the Max ordered at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Now I play the ‘lets ring every eir store within 50 miles and hope they have a 256 max in stock’ game.

Fecking CPW not coming through for me. They offered the gold as an option in 256 knowing well they couldn’t secure stock, and only told me last night at nearly 6pm.

Scumbags.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Rang around a few Eir stores...no stock at all landing in the stores today.

God damn it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Out for delivery.....

Neither of my deliveries is showing it’s on the truck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

i cannot believe anybody is stupid enough to pay so much money for a phone!!

i spent 700 on a set of wheels (only - no tyres etc), never felt so guilty but hell did they transform the ride, zooming along. Not saying it is worth it but effortless cycling was achieved, the bike itself cost 6x that though, more or less all components changed to Carbon now. I can't lock it anywhere though - that sucks!

Cough.

ArthurG wrote: »
    Cough.

lol at least the bike/wheels keep me fit and healthy and they cam efrom a small boutique manufacturer not from a multi national who purposely develop cpu intensive software/apps to slow down phones after a couple of years cough. God damn zombies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

People can spend their hard earned money how they want!

The Mig wrote: »
    People can spend their hard earned money how they want!

true but the prices are a complete rip off. Anyway, enjoy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

true but the prices are a complete rip off. Anyway, enjoy!
    And people probably think you spending €700 on a set of wheels for a bike is a rip off too. Anyway, enjoy!

• Advertisement

lol at least the bike/wheels keep me fit and healthy and they cam efrom a small boutique manufacturer not from a multi national who purposely develop cpu intensive software/apps to slow down phones after a couple of years cough. God damn zombies

Nice try. Now jog on. Or cycle on on your €5k bike. I also have a bike - it cost €700 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

my rip off zombie phone was just delivered!

The Mig wrote: »
    And people probably think you spending €700 on a set of wheels for a bike is a rip off too. Anyway, enjoy!

i have them wheels on said bike for 5 years now and intend to have it until the end of my days. I hope your phone lasts as long! Anyway, it was just an opinion. :pac: regards

ArthurG wrote: »
    Nice try. Now jog on. Or cycle on on your €5k bike. I also have a bike - it cost €700 euro.

race you for your phone, i'll put down the cash equivalent:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Mo14 wrote: »
    my rip off zombie phone was just delivered!

1st impressions
    Size etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

My sons iPhone Xs Max 64gb has just been delivered, now to restore his X to a new phone for me 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

My iPhone Xs just got here. Wasnt expecting it this early at all. Usually when I order from Apple they arrive around 5pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

cramp wrote: »
    1st impressions
    Size etc ?

I got the max. The screen is massive of course but seems pretty usable. Need to figure out how to use it now as it's my first iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

You would hate me so I ride a Cervelo and I have an iPhone:D

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

My Voda upgrade XS was on my desk before I was in this morn

Advertisement