Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi extender, powerline or home mesh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Re-pair the repeater you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I recently bought a two pack of Google Wifi when they were on offer on Amazon. I have to say that I'm impressed with them so far. The coverage is pretty good with two of them and the speed i'm getting is pretty solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I recently bought a two pack of Google Wifi when they were on offer on Amazon. I have to say that I'm impressed with them so far. The coverage is pretty good with two of them and the speed i'm getting is pretty solid.

No good if he has thick walls blocking the signal

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

ED E wrote: »
    Re-pair the repeater you have.

Thanks ED E
    I tried this but for some reason it won't work. I don't mind replacing it as it's a few years old if it's the best solution. I would have thought that the home mesh system would produce the best results?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

got a cheap wifi mesh system in at home and i find it great. no dead spots anywhere in house, (even upstairs which used to be an issue) and much better speeds then the repeater i used

not perfect ie maybe have to reset it once or twice a month but defo worth it overall.

here is the one i got and works well, im sure the more expensive ones are worth it but i would have no difficulty recommending these

https://www.ruralwifi.ie/product/mw3-ac1200-whole-home-mesh-wifi-system/

• Advertisement
Advertisement