Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connell St.Post Office to close.

Options
  • 13-09-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

On the 28th Sept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wow, not a peep from the local media or radio about that, it was all Kilmeaden and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Probably something to do with the difference between walking to High Street and driving 10 Kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not that I'm doubting you, but where did you hear it? Did they have a notice up or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

This guy said O'Connell Street and High Street both closing and GPO being sold.

He said this nearly 3 weeks ago.

Surely if there was truth to it there would be more about it?

https://www.facebook.com/brianwalshlegend/posts/10156645291864525

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The three which are listed are Kilmeaden, Lemybrien and Balinamult (a place so small I've not heard of it).

Others may close, but it's hard to know given they are all operated independently within the An Post system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

JohnC. wrote: »
    Not that I'm doubting you, but where did you hear it? Did they have a notice up or something?

Email from AnPost today

Hello Danjo
    Unfortunately the Post Office you selected to collect your AddressPal items reference AP 19C 1802 xxxxxxx, O-CONNELL STREET, will be closing on 28 September 2018. You will now need to select a new Post Office / Collection Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

It is terrible to see the GPO close but that's progress for you.
    I can't see too many people being affected by it anyway but it's a good
    move as far as I'm concerned.

My only concern is what then becomes of the building?
    Maybe a museum or a gallery but please not something tacky like MacD'

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

GPO is moving to the old alfie hales shop i city sq

Advertisement