Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeship

• 13-09-2018 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

So I would like to learn carpentry. I keep finding these adds for cabin maker apprentices but I don't really understand what the requirements are. Do I need any sort of qualification or is there a chance that someone might want to take me in without any previous experience? Or in other words, if there's no mentioning "2nd 3rd 4th year" do I have a chance if I apply?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Min of 5 D,s in the Junior Cert. Just approach any local cabinet makers and see if any are in the position to take on a first year apprentice. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Birdyblue

Thanks. Well, it's a bit odd since I would need to find some equivalents for those D's, do you know if math or physics should be among those? Basically that's what I'm afraid of because back home the system is a bit different; there's no exact equivalent for a junior certificate and at the end of high school, for me, there was no math related subject exam as i was humanities oriented, although we did have some math classes. If that makes any sense.
    I'm in Dunboyne, Meath.

Advertisement