Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does biology get hard?

Options
  • 13-09-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I got my test back today and got 98% but I'm not going to get cocky because I know biology will eventually get overwhelming? When does biology get overwhelming? 6th Year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Biology never really got hard for me. If you're good at rote-learning its a pretty easy subject. Toughest chapters for me were respiration, photosynthesis, diffusion and osmosis, plants and excretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smircle

Like the above answer says, if you're good at rote-learning, you're going to find it easy enough. That being said, the amount of information can be quite overwhelming in exam conditions - class tests on one or two chapters are fine, but the mocks/LC itself is much tougher. It's not that the information is difficult to understand or remember, it's just that there's a lot of it to recall in such a short period, but if you consistently do some work, it's one of the easiest subjects to do well in as the questions repeat themselves a lot.
    My advice would be to know your definitions word-for-word 'cause the marking schemes are really strict when it comes to them. Also, do exam questions and get used to what they're expecting of you in each type of question - 'explain', 'suggest' and all those words each mean different things, so make sure you know what they want from you.
    Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dan.knoop

naxmax9 wrote: »
    I got my test back today and got 98% but I'm not going to get cocky because I know biology will eventually get overwhelming? When does biology get overwhelming? 6th Year?

Tbh class tests don’t reflect the lc unless ur teacher is/was an examiner. The LC is actually so much different it’s mad! The marking scheme changes for different things all the time and it really depends on your experience with the MS and exam papers. Obvs 98% is a great result but the difficulty that lies with biology is the marking of the exam. You must be extremely specific! I got a H1 btw so I’m not just spouting on😅

Advertisement