Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 15 – Singapore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It hasn't been a classic so far has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Go on Alonso :)

I think he could win the race yet:pac:

Bottas is so useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Knowing our luck, it'll finish in this order...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The fact that there have been no posts in about 15 minutes speaks volumes about this race.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

David Croft talking shìt again.

Win 44 for car 44 from pole.

Sickeningly Pro-Hamilton.

I’m going out for my Sunday dinner.

David Croft talking shìt again.

Win 44 for car 44 from pole.

Sickeningly Pro-Hamilton.

I’m going out for my Sunday dinner.
    Channel 4 available today.

flazio wrote: »
    Channel 4 available today.

I really need to pay more attention to their coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Bottas is so useless.

What was he moaning about the blue flags for, he was miles away from Hulk. It's fairly simple, get close enough and then the blue flags come out, no blue flags = you are not close enough

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can't wait to bring the recording of this race on my travels. I always find it hard to sleep!

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Can't wait to bring the recording of this race on my travels. I always find it hard to sleep!

Counting sheep is more entertaining than that race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

If it wasn't before this, that's the championship right there. Hope I'm wrong, but can't see Seb coming back from this unless Lewis' engines start exploding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

While I'm happy with the result, the race was not great.

Now I'm off to play bowling with Roman Bellic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was a boring race. I even think the presenters got it hard to make it exciting and if they were to tell the truth they would say they found it boring too. Well done to Lewis Hamilton do and Mercedes they were untouchable. I think Vettel gave up too soon and settled for third. Well done to Max too. He had a really good race too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yea it felt long for us too Lewis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That's 2 hours of my life I can never have back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Makes me ill to think Perez has a seat next year and Ocon doesn't after that "display" today.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Recliner

I haven't watched it yet. Have it recorded in full..Is there any point in watching or is it just a procession with everyone behind Hamilton? I don't know the results at all.
    Sounds bad, but I've a lot of stuff I could be doing instead.

Recliner wrote: »
    I haven't watched it yet. Have it recorded in full..Is there any point in watching or is it just a procession with everyone behind Hamilton? I don't know the results at all.
    Just watch the youtube highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Watch it until the safety car comes out and then turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Not too bad of a race but with Stroll this won't happen as he won't be near perez anyway.
    Perez should be publicly spanked for his performances today.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Harika wrote: »

That isn't oversteer, not by a country mile. The movement of the wheel is far too casual for it to be a slap of oversteer.

Delete

Oh piss off

Delete x2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Recliner wrote: »

Just watch the first lap until the safety car comes out then fast forward to lap 34 then lap 37 to 40 I think after that its all very boring.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Absolute shocker of a race from Perez. Took his team mate out, & then blew his own race later on. Force India definitely hired the wrong guy.

I still feel 40 points isn't a done deal for the title, it can and does change around a lot due to dnf's etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Inviere wrote: »
    Absolute shocker of a race from Perez. Took his team mate out, & then blew his own race later on. Force India definitely hired the wrong guy.

I still feel 40 points isn't a done deal for the title, it can and does change around a lot due to dnf's etc

40 points is nothing when 25 points is a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Aye its not over, but it is probably over bar a Hamilton Merc engine blowing up once or twice!

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

40 points is everything when your car is a Mercedes and your driver is LH. I think its all over bar the shouting. Hard to see Vettel bridge that points gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭oceanman

I think sadly vettel has thrown in the towel at this stage, he wasn't even trying to push his car today.....very boring race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

oceanman wrote: »
    I think sadly vettel has thrown in the towel at this stage, he wasn't even trying to push his car today.....very boring race

He was caught in a catch 22, had he pushed the car the tyres would have cooked, Ferrari put him on the supers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Not a Hamilton fan but a cool image below...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnysohcne8F/

always worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I was hoping Bottas would take a leaf out of Perez's book and cause a late SC alas no :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye its not over, but it is probably over bar a Hamilton Merc engine blowing up once or twice!
    CFlat wrote: »
    40 points is everything when your car is a Mercedes and your driver is LH. I think its all over bar the shouting. Hard to see Vettel bridge that points gap.
    oceanman wrote: »

Hopefully things will take a turn for Vettel.
    Fingers crossed he will repeat 2010 and 2012

2010 he was 24 points behind after Monza and 5th in the standings, went on to win WDC

2012 he was 39 points behind and 4th in the standings.
    Went on to win again.

Fingers crossed.

Predictions:
    Vettel win NOPE
    RedBull podium YES
    TR points NOPE
    Alonso points YES

What I just realised, both Haas were behind the Saubers.

What I just realised, both Haas were behind the Saubers.

At least Magnussen got the fastest lap :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

That was a terrible race to have to watch and I did watch all of it .

I think Ferrari made the correct choice going with the tyre choice for Vettel , Just in decision on Vettels part cost him .

Took too long to get past Perez and should have taken on Max . Those tyres were suppose to be worth loads on pace so he should have attacked . It would Affected the life of both Max and then Lewis if he got past as the yellow walls aren't ment for that pace. So good win for lewis , didnt put a foot wrong ( side note on Lewis will Merc ever fix his mic , its the only one on the grid thats not clear ) , Good drive by Max as well , did well to get his nose infront of Vettel , and Vettel pretty much gave up after that.

Perez deserves a Ban for one race at least for what he was doing yesterday . Just plain stupid

The Biggest problem for me with the Racing this year is the Tyres . The choice is never a good as it is made out to be. With How much wear was on Vettels tyres he should never have made the flag but he was able sit pretty in third . No pressure from anyone . even with the poor result for Ferrari ,4th place should have been closer to him .

Maybe the change should be just one type of tyre for the race for everyone , You can do 1 ,2 or three stops on this tyre depending on how hard you push .

Is Russian GP next ??

Perez only has 5 points on his licence. Its Grosjean whos in danger of getting the race ban, hes at 9

• Advertisement

Joeface wrote: »
    That was a terrible race to have to watch and I did watch all of it .

I think Ferrari made the correct choice going with the tyre choice for Vettel , Just in decision on Vettels part cost him .

Took too long to get past Perez and should have taken on Max . Those tyres were suppose to be worth loads on pace so he should have attacked . It would Affected the life of both Max and then Lewis if he got past as the yellow walls aren't ment for that pace. So good win for lewis , didnt put a foot wrong ( side note on Lewis will Merc ever fix his mic , its the only one on the grid thats not clear ) , Good drive by Max as well , did well to get his nose infront of Vettel , and Vettel pretty much gave up after that.

Perez deserves a Ban for one race at least for what he was doing yesterday . Just plain stupid

The Biggest problem for me with the Racing this year is the Tyres . The choice is never a good as it is made out to be. With How much wear was on Vettels tyres he should never have made the flag but he was able sit pretty in third . No pressure from anyone . even with the poor result for Ferrari ,4th place should have been closer to him .

Maybe the change should be just one type of tyre for the race for everyone , You can do 1 ,2 or three stops on this tyre depending on how hard you push .

Is Russian GP next ??

Rubbish, Vettel would have had to pit again. He dropped way back from Verstappen straight away to mind the tyres for the rest of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

I know he would have had to pit again .....chances are enough pressure on the leaders , their tyers would have have been at risk also .
    It at least puts the question in their head will they survive after that . Because he decided not to challange they all Drove around gingerly and spared all the rubber .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is Russian GP next ??

Yes it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭oceanman

ferrarri need to start putting all their efforts into their 2019 car, this campaign is over for them now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

I know he would have had to pit again .....chances are enough pressure on the leaders , their tyers would have have been at risk also .
    It at least puts the question in their head will they survive after that . Because he decided not to challange they all Drove around gingerly and spared all the rubber .

Vettel's strategy depended on him staying ahead of Verstappen through the pit stops. He was unable to do this because Verstappen drove very well and Ferrari must have miscalculated his stop in feeding him back out behind Perez. Once Verstappen had gotten out of the pits ahead Vettel's strategy gamble was a busted flush, stuck on the wrong tyres with no option but to try and eke out a one-stopper to the end in the hope of hanging on to third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ferrari are very poor when it comes to strategy and haven't been great since the days of Jean Todt and Ross Brawn but this year has been particularly bad for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Ferrari are very poor when it comes to strategy and haven't been great since the days of Jean Todt and Ross Brawn but this year has been particularly bad for them.

True, but its harsh to criticise them too much for Sunday - this race was lost on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Another thing about Ferrari's strategy - they misunderstood Hamilton's call "plenty of life" in the tires for "no life". Although Seb immediately said "I don't believe him", looks to me like the pitwall either fell for it, or simply couldn't clearly understand what Lewis said.

Anyway I realized Vettel's race was done for as soon as he stopped - even IF the Ultras had the pace advantage they hoped they had (and I don't think it was actually the case), it was clear he'd end up behind the Not-Force-India - always a though customer to pass thanks to their traction and straight-line performance.

The one thing Brundle is probably right about is the fact Vettel has to be the "strategist" from the cockpit, as he clearly feels the team ain't up to it. From what we've seen this season, looks like he is quite correct indeed - except for Melbourne, each and every strategy call from Ferrari has been ill advised at best.

I strongly doubt it. A few laps in the turbulent air would have shredded his tyres. And he had two cars to pass. Then he would've likely had to do it again. Being a second or two faster wouldn't cut it for a pass and when you have a pitstop in hand you don't need to defend aggressively, park it on the apex and accelerate smoothly.
    As I said, they've been awful for ages. It's generally a case of when rather than if they will f up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Merc sacrificed Bottas in Monza for Lewis. Kimi should have been kept out to be 5 seconds ahead of Hamilton when he stopped and then hold him up for 4 or 5 laps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement