Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet/ Phone Mount

Options
  • 13-09-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions on a holder for a tablet and/or phone. Its for when I'm on the trainer in the shed so I'd want something that holds the devise a bit away from the bars so I can watch something while I'm cycling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a holder for a tablet and/or phone. Its for when I'm on the trainer in the shed so I'd want something that holds the devise a bit away from the bars so I can watch something while I'm cycling.

Music stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Music stand?

Maybe!!! I was thinking about a table in front of the bike but it might be too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I use an old laptop as a stand!.. ideal.. totally adjustable screen tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I sourced the back of a garmin from a fellow Boardsie and glued it to a phone case, locks into any Garmin mount now...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

I use one of these

tacx-bracket-for-tablets2.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

A bit pricey for what it is and i actually had to do a bit of a bodge to secure it to the bars (it has a clamp that fits around the stem and can come loose otherwise)

But I've been using it for a few years now with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

You can buy stick on Garmin male fittings on eBay. I got a second case for phone, stuck the fitting on the back. Goes in the Garmin mount same as a bike computer. That was done for well under a tenner.

The only thing to watch is that you probably won't want it centered on the back from top to bottom, if you have a big phone.

I wouldn't trust it on the road, but has coped with micro burst all out intervals inside!

Then cast to a cheap telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Just saw the mount that I linked to above in Halfords for €18. Decent value at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

got a cheap phone mount with a long semi flexible arm and a clamp in homestore.. wouldnt be much more than a fiver .. just clamped it onto the handle bars did the job grand

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/mobile-phone-accessories/gadgetpro-universal-mobile-holder/064610.html

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

If you've a garmin front mount, this could work for you?

http://s.aliexpress.com/BVnI3qeI?fromSns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

this is what i went for in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭cletus

Jerry rigging all the way. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

I am thinking about using zwift in the winter. Can you use zwift with just a mobile phone and smart trainer. Or do you need a laptop aswell. They laptop I have isn't powerful enough

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

theGIANT wrote: »
    I am thinking about using zwift in the winter. Can you use zwift with just a mobile phone and smart trainer. Or do you need a laptop aswell. They laptop I have isn't powerful enough

https://zwiftinsider.com/ios-faq/

TLDR; iOS only, and it only supports bluetooth and not ANT+ (unless you get a device to bridge between the two).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They laptop I have isn't powerful enough
    I was, and still am, in the same boat regarding zwift. It may not be what you're looking for, but TrainerRoad has much lower minimum specs than Zwift, if it's training you're after.

Did Zwift for Android ever move out of Beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I had a one week trial and used this setup but found the display hard to read as a lot of data there - also found it drained my battery over the course of a one hour session although my phone is a few years old (iPhone 6). Looking at the Apple TV 4 option as next most cost effective.

Advertisement