Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The network 48

Options
  • 13-09-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭

Just posted my number to 48 and wondering how others are finding it, particularly their data speeds. Very little to be found on here about them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

irishchris wrote: »
    Just posted my number to 48 and wondering how others are finding it, particularly their data speeds. Very little to be found on here about them

The speeds are pretty crap, you are stuck with only 3G, no 4G. I'm only with them because I have dual SIM and use the other Vodafone SIM for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Mainly using it for browsing when away from wifi and very occasional netflix. Seems to be 5-7mbs which seems ok if consistent for browsing. Just wondering if speeds are consistent countrywide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

irishchris wrote: »
    Mainly using it for browsing when away from wifi and very occasional netflix. Seems to be 5-7mbs which seems ok if consistent for browsing. Just wondering if speeds are consistent countrywide

It uses the three network which is the worst of all the networks because of their all you can eat packages, oversubscribed. My Vodafone SIM is always much faster in built up areas

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It uses the three network which is the worst of all the networks because of their all you can eat packages, oversubscribed. My Vodafone SIM is always much faster in built up areas

Three are getting faster and Vodafone slower. The delta is shrinking rapidly. Also VF have had sporadic massive slowdowns that don't match contention so not all is peachy with team red right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Been using it for good few days now and really impressed by then. Much better coverage where I live over vodafone. Data everywhere I have been so far. Lowe speeds in the rural area I live but still plenty to browse with. In galway city yesterday getting speeds of 20mbs which seemed excellent for this plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 farmer pat

I have come back from holidays and my phone wont connect to 48 network in Athboy Meath ,using iphone 5 ,searched manually clicked 48 but says no service . Tried another phone ,even old flip phone too. Waited 5 days for new sim,they activated it but still no connection . Phone says "network lost" Now I am lost

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

farmer pat wrote: »
    I have come back from holidays and my phone wont connect to 48 network in Athboy Meath ,using iphone 5 ,searched manually clicked 48 but says no service . Tried another phone ,even old flip phone too. Waited 5 days for new sim,they activated it but still no connection . Phone says "network lost" Now I am lost

Any chance your phone might have been blacklisted? 2nd hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I have found that since they increased the data from 1gb to 3gb on the €10 account, the speeds are shockingly low over in west Dublin. Very poor speed on 3g and a lot of drops down to E. End up having to turn on and off of mobile data to get back on the net

Advertisement