Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coillte Biking Blitz - newbie questions

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

jvan wrote: »
    Plenty of photographers around the course, any idea who was taking shots or links to their pages?

Action Photography was also there, I've seen the photos on his Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Ballyhoura done and dusted today. Plenty of entries for the baggy shorts. Kinda started at the back as it was my first event and didn't really know what to expect. Got caught up a bit in the first few single tracks but nothing major. Came in around the 1hr 25 mark so happy out. Fun day out and met some good people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Peter T wrote: »
    Ballyhoura done and dusted today. Plenty of entries for the baggy shorts. Kinda started at the back as it was my first event and didn't really know what to expect. Got caught up a bit in the first few single tracks but nothing major. Came in around the 1hr 25 mark so happy out. Fun day out and met some good people.
    Saw a few cars heading over that direction this morning. They possibly thought I was lost as I drove the opposite direction with my bike on the roof :pac: Results sheet would suggest a better entry than last year which is cool. Couple of lads I know were doing it, but as Ballyhoura is my local playground (and I don't have much faith in my stamina yet) I decided to head to Nire Valley instead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Top Dog wrote:
    Saw a few cars heading over that direction this morning. They possibly thought I was lost as I drove the opposite direction with my bike on the roof Results sheet would suggest a better entry than last year which is cool. Couple of lads I know were doing it, but as Ballyhoura is my local playground (and I don't have much faith in my stamina yet) I decided to head to Nire Valley instead

Much single tracks around the nire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

First time in Ballyhoura for me yesterday. I'd heard that the trails were a bit dull, but I really enjoyed them. Definitely pedally, but lots of nice tight turns and plenty of little lips to boost off. Will definitely head down again this year for a longer spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Much single tracks around the nire?
    Loads! I did the Nire Drop last October and fell in love with the place. Nice mix of manmade and natural tracks to enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Rd 2 of the K Capital Cup is hosted by Racing795 , at Kilbranish - just outside Bunclody, Co Wexford

Online entry is now open - promises to be a great event!

More details on K Capital Cup 2.0 facebook page

Entry here: https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/kcaprace2/index.html?fbclid=IwAR34OZo8MfEXqF4k3h5LofJJ74S-7nwSp8UNXeFmtMFmxqlSq5T3pEkz9oE

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shotgun Sister

boomdocker wrote: »
    Rd 2 of the K Capital Cup...

Yayyy! Really looking forward to this.

Advertisement