Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you move money from credit card to current account free or is there a fee?

Options
  • 13-09-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

?

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    There wouldn't be an option to transfer from a credit card to a current account. There would only be an option to transfer from a current account to a credit card and you can do this through your 365 online profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭patrickmrogan

whats an alternative roundabout method i should do to take money from my credit card and put it into my current account?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

whats an alternative roundabout method i should do to take money from my credit card and put it into my current account?
    The fees for cash advance on most credit cards are very high. I would never advise anyone to use a credit card to take out cash. If you need to bump your balance on your current account up you would be better off getting a credit union loan rather than take cash out on your credit card, the rates would be better. There may be a cheaper way out there but cash on a credit card is certainly one of the most expensive ways. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Is your credit card in credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Is your credit card in credit?
    Good question. If there is a positive balance on your credit card you can ask the credit card company to transfer that amount to your bank account. This sometimes happened to me in the past when I accidentally paid my credit card bill twice via an online banking app that didn't update my balance when I processed the first payment. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Take cash out of your credit card account and your bank manager will send you a Christmas card.

Better off getting an OD facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Taking money out of a credit card with a credit balance does not attract a fee or interest. If it is in debit, you start clocking up interest when you withdraw the cash. There is no grace period. And there is a cash advance fee on top too.

Advertisement