Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden furniture cover

Options
  • 13-09-2018 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I have the furniture set seen below, but I have no room in shed for the winter.

I’m looking for a cover for the winter, preferably not a tarp as I want it to be tidy looking.
    Anyone got any links to covers for this particular type of set would be greatly appreciated.
    Iv looked on amazon but it’s hard to know wwhats suitable.
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I've got similar furniture, banana fibre, I think, and no room in the shed, so I'm also looking for a solution.
    I noticed in the pictures of tarps in the Aldidl leaflets that the shapes they were covering were very regular and they were parcelled up very neatly and this set me to thinking that if I could stack up the furniture into a fairly compact block using hardboard, large folded cardboard cartons or similar to regularise the shape I might be able to make a fairly neat and effective job of it. I would put some packing in at the top to make sure that the water would run off, rather than pool. It would be a good idea to have a pallet or something underneath.
    I haven't tried this yet, but that's my idea....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Quick search on the internet brought these up:

https://outdoorfurniture.ie/furniture-covers.html
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=outdoor+furniture+covers&authToken=

I'm sure there's more out there.

Also, ask the company where you bought them if they have something suitable, you never know.

Advertisement