Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong tar message

Options
  • 13-09-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I have just purchased a house where previous owners had a prepaid service with a different provider. I contacted that company and received a deactivation code. Every time I put it in it displays this message: "wrong tar". I want to stay on a bill pay the way it is at my current rented property. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or the account isn't properly set up or an appointment with a technician is required? Please let me know what needs to be done. Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi viljandi, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

The error message "Wrong Tar" indicates that another code is required before the top-up can be accepted. We recommend contacting the provider you got the deactivation code from as they may need to give you a second code.

Electric Ireland would not have any visibility of the top-ups on the other supplier's system and would be unable to assist you with deactivating the meter in such a case. 

Our colleagues in the Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372 may be able to provide you with more detailed information. They are available from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement