Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society Winter Golf?

Options
  • 14-09-2018 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I have been **** for attendance this year in the boards society, partially due to injury or schedule conflicts but hey..excuses are excuses.

Just wondering if there is any winter society activity or winter league? I really do want to commit to being more active next year and hope to start up earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A few lads have played a mini-winter league, matchplay style event on links courses over the winter, so I'd assume that you'd be welcome to join in that if it suited.

Think they've been doing it for maybe 3 years now?

I haven't been involved in it as I know they generally play a few of the matches midweek so it could be difficult to schedule times to play if you're only free to play on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »

You can say that again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    You can say that again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

Sounds fun but I am a weekend player for the most part. I might get out for 9 during the summer after work, but not much chance of that during the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I would be up for some kind of links winter match play

Sounds fun

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I would be up for some kind of links winter match play

Sounds fun

It’s great crack but this winter was a disaster with the weather. We changed the title to “Summer matchplay” and it needs to be changed to Winter again before we’re finished!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I would unfortunately also be confined to weekends

My one and only matchplay game involved me been 6 down after 7....managed get back to level after 15! Only to watch my competitor put his third into a bunker on a par 5 16.....so I needed to put mine out of bounds never to be seen again!

The standard was actually pretty high...we both had 37 i think

Advertisement