Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near 3 Arena

Options
  • 14-09-2018 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I am going to the Artic Monkeys gig in the 3 arena on the 25th on my own as my missus can't make it. I will be travelling from the west and I intend to drive back home after the gig. Anyone know where would the best place to park near the 3 arena?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Med101007 wrote: »
    I am going to the Artic Monkeys gig in the 3 arena on the 25th on my own as my missus can't make it. I will be travelling from the west and I intend to drive back home after the gig. Anyone know where would the best place to park near the 3 arena?

The Point Village is right next to the venue. It's usually about €12 to park and you can usually prebook car parking tickets on Ticketmaster if you type in Arctic Monkeys and car park.

Other than that, you're limited to street parking on either side of the Liffey unless you fancy a longer walk or park and ride on the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

If you park at red cow Luas. Is it easy to get taxi from 3 arena back there? Don’t want to spend hour on Luas going back. What is traffic like coming from Cork to 3 arena on a concert night if opting to park at point village?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's usually a load of Taxis hanging around after the gig. We found it easier to get one by walking to the Samuel Beckett Bridge and then crossing over to the South Side. It shouldn't take an hour to get to the Red Cow though on the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

There's an underground car park in the Convention Centre which is only a few minutes walk up the quays. I've parked there when going to the 3 Arena or to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre. You can book online. Some reviews mentioned that it can take a long time to exit the carpark after a major gig but I've never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Park in Ringsend/Irishtown, walk across the East Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I have never driven from Cork to 3 arena before. Monday night probably around 6pm when I reach red cow roundabout - is it a nightmare commute from there to 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Nightmare, probably not, enjoyable, definitely not. Have a look on google maps tonight to get an idea of how long it would take and how many red sections there are of delayed traffic.
    Chances of a minor crash messing the whole thing up are not insignificant.
    If it was me, i'd dump the car at the red cow luas Park and Ride and get the Luas to the door of the 3 arena.

Advertisement