Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Eir provide any authenticated SMTP access to webmail?

Options
  • 14-09-2018 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I am an Eir DSL business customer. However, recently I have had to resort to a mobile sim for larger uploads (email attachments) as even though our DSL is very reliable, our distance from the exchange leaves us with a very low upload speed. Another provider is only one with mobile coverage at our location.

I still wish for our emails to originate from our eircom.net address as we've used and advertised it for years now. However, I have not found any way to make this work.

Do I have to use my Eir line to utilise Eir's smtp server or is there some possible way that Eir's outgoing smtp server can securely authenticate my account coming from a third party ISP? Surely this must be possible!

I've also attempted to use gmail as  a workaround but there does not appear to be any way that webmail.eir.ie (which I assume is the most recent outgoing smtp server setting) will allow an smtp connection from gmail so as to verify my eircom.net email address.

It's proving a bit of an annoyance at this stage.

Hopefully someone can offer sound advice,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

westyIrl wrote: »
    I am an Eir DSL business customer. However, recently I have had to resort to a mobile sim for larger uploads (email attachments) as even though our DSL is very reliable, our distance from the exchange leaves us with a very low upload speed. Another provider is only one with mobile coverage at our location.

I still wish for our emails to originate from our eircom.net address as we've used and advertised it for years now. However, I have not found any way to make this work.

Do I have to use my Eir line to utilise Eir's smtp server or is there some possible way that Eir's outgoing smtp server can securely authenticate my account coming from a third party ISP? Surely this must be possible!

I've also attempted to use gmail as  a workaround but there does not appear to be any way that webmail.eir.ie (which I assume is the most recent outgoing smtp server setting) will allow an smtp connection from gmail so as to verify my eircom.net email address.

It's proving a bit of an annoyance at this stage.

Hopefully someone can offer sound advice,

J
    Hi westyIrl, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

The best people to discuss this with is our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to assist you there and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement