Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre - "Coming Winter 2018" - What/when/how soon...

Options
  • 14-09-2018 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

According to the roll-out map I'm getting fibre in 'Winter 2018'. (CSJ1_E01)

It has said this for many years.

Can someone advise on how accurate this is and what the process is once it is available?

I managed to survive the summer without the kids killing each other but I don't think I could cope with another Christmas on mobile broadband.

Is the there someone I could speak to, to tell me dates, even if provisional, for the start of connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Dave,

If you would like to send on your details via PM we can compare this with our internal rollout map as this is usually updated every 6 months.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DaveToomey

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

If you would like to send on your details via PM we can compare this with our internal rollout map as this is usually updated every 6 months.

Thanks,

Sarah
    @eir:Sarah

PM'd

Thanks 

Still no reply from Sarah to messages.

Any other rep care to help?

Thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Hi,

My address is on the plan and when I put my address into the website, it estimates the 2nd half of 2018.

I've seen some KN Network vans around last week which may or may not be related. My question is - how do I know when fibre is available in the area? Will we be notified that the work in the area is completed or anything like that? Or are we dependent on the map being updated, which as you say is only done every few months?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

DaveToomey wrote: »

Thanks

Dave
    Hi DaveToomey, 

I've checked this with Sarah and I'm afraid she has not received this PM. Can you send this back on to her again and she'll assist you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Padkir wrote: »
    Hi,

My address is on the plan and when I put my address into the website, it estimates the 2nd half of 2018.

I've seen some KN Network vans around last week which may or may not be related. My question is - how do I know when fibre is available in the area? Will we be notified that the work in the area is completed or anything like that? Or are we dependent on the map being updated, which as you say is only done every few months?

Thanks.
    Hi Padkir, 

I'm afraid you won't be notified when it's been activated in your area. You can check our maps for updates on the website here 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Dave
    Hi DaveToomey, 

I've checked this with Sarah and I'm afraid she has not received this PM. Can you send this back on to her again and she'll assist you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    New PM sent to Sarah.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Thanks a million,

I'll get back to you soon.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

According to the roll-out map I'm getting fibre in 'Winter 2018'. (CSJ1_E01)

It has said this for many years.

Can someone advise on how accurate this is and what the process is once it is available?

I managed to survive the summer without the kids killing each other but I don't think I could cope with another Christmas on mobile broadband.

Is the there someone I could speak to, to tell me dates, even if provisional, for the start of connection?
    The Open Eir Fibre roll-out availability checker hasn't been updated since May. It seems the only provider that actually goes to the trouble of giving up to date information is Airwire.     https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail/main/

Thanks a million,

Sarah
    Two weeks now.  Any ideas?  Any update?

• Advertisement

Thanks a million,

Sarah
    Hi DaveToomey, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks a million,

Sarah
    Hi DaveToomey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks.

Thanks a million,

Sarah
    Hi DaveToomey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks.
    No problem.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement