Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing Eir Business mobile customer , applied for broadband- off peak bundle - cred

Options
  • 14-09-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am an existing Eir business mobile customer for 2 years, i have 2 mobiles currently on my account, i have a direct debit setup through my company bank account.

i tried to add "Broadband and off peak talk" to my account online. i filled out all forms which where asked for, i included my bank details (same as Eir mobile)

However for some reason, my credit approval (existing customer remember) for the addon was rejected.

tried contacting eir business this morning was not given a reason for the rejection, will only communicate by letter.

then i rang my Eir businees mobile customer care number, they have no problem talking to me , as i am an EXISTING customer.

they said to contact eir business broadband land line, i was transferred to eir busness broadband and land line, and guess what , they cant give me a reason over the phone to me, only letter.

this is completely unprofessional way to run a company, or should i say two separate company's (mobile, landline/broadband) who dont talk to each other.

i need broadband for my business, i will be contacting vodafone business and moving everything over,
    mobiles that lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Mc-BigE,

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise but unfortunately information of such a sensitive nature would not be disclosed to our customer care teams. Our credit control department deal with this directly and it is policy that these requests be submitted in writing.
    Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Mc-BigE,

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise but unfortunately information of such a sensitive nature would not be disclosed to our customer care teams. Our credit control department deal with this directly and it is policy that these requests be submitted in writing.
    Thanks,

Sarah
    I understand the legal reasons why the info cant be shared, however i am an existing customer with Eir mobile and i have an existing account with you already, so why did an existing customer have to go through credit approval in the first place for an addon service to my existing account? 
    will my existing service with eir mobile be effected because of this? 
    will i have to change mobile operator for my business because of this?

If there is something wrong with my credit approval, i obviously need to find out was has caused this (which i will).

thanks Robbie, its all very frustrating, i have never missed a payment on anything in my life, i have van loan & mortgage both on direct debit, and a personal credit card, that's it. 

i have a payment on my personal credit card after booking a holiday about 2 weeks ago, but i haven't received a statement from the bank yet to pay it off. i rarely go into overdraft on my credit card (probably 4 or 5 time in 20 years) maybe this is the reason.

i am a natural worrier , so this has ruined my day so far!  i know there are people out there who owe millions and doesn't bother them, but i get one credit rejection and i think the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Ah, take a drink from the fridge and take it easy ;) There are much more worse things worrying about than Eir rejections ^_^ 

If you urgently need service, yes consider switching or find an alternative. If it is not urgent, type up a letter, print it, sign it and send it. At least it will progress your query regarding this topic. Make sure you keep a copy on your computer, in case they "never got it".

Tomorrow (or Monday depending if they work on  weekends) still give a try calling them asking if your account is flagged for any unpaid bills. Mistakes happen, even when you do pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Mc-BigE,

Thanks,

Sarah
    I understand the legal reasons why the info cant be shared, however i am an existing customer with Eir mobile and i have an existing account with you already, so why did an existing customer have to go through credit approval in the first place for an addon service to my existing account? 
    will my existing service with eir mobile be effected because of this? 
    will i have to change mobile operator for my business because of this?

If there is something wrong with my credit approval, i obviously need to find out was has caused this (which i will).
    Unfortunately, when a new service is added to an account it can be subject to credit vetting. Your existing service will not be affected by this. 

The credit control team will be able to advise you further on this in writing. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

I've sent the letter off (at my expense) so now the waiting begins....
    Surely there must be a better way to communicate info securely between eir (or any credit vetting co.) and the person of interest? if i can securely access my bank account details online , surely i should be able to access my credit rating securely? seems completely over the top to me. And must be effecting new/existing customers opinions/relationship about Eir and other companies that go through this same vetting control. 

no reply from first letter, sending a second letter today. this is going on over 1 month now. 

brilliant company Eir

cant wait to move all my (and my wife's) accounts personal and business to another company once i get this stupid snail letter.

maybe this is the reason why they wont send me the letter? losing all my business

Advertisement