Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I've been overcharged !

Options
  • 14-09-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi Eir,

I've been following the fibre rollout plan over the past 2 years and had noticed that it reported fibre was coming to my area in the 1st Half of 2018. I contacted Eir via chat in July and a chat agent said that fibre was indeed available so he signed me up there.

An engineer called to the house one week later and upgraded the internal phone socket. I contacted customer care and was told that it could take 24/48 hrs for the line to get fully activated and that only then they would be able to tell me what kind of speeds would be available. In the meantime I purchased a cordless phone and confirmed that voice calls were working fine.

I called back a few more times over the next week and was told my line was still showing red. I was promised a call back from one chap and never got it. In the end after speaking to 4 or 5 agents, one chap said that I was given incorrect information and that fibre was not yet available to me and Openeir confirmed that they had no estimated date for this.

Bearing this in mind, I cancelled the contract as we don't have a use for the landline only, we just wanted the fibre and landline package. The agent said that I was within my grace or cancellation period.

I've since received a bill which I believe is excessive. Granted we did make less that a fiver worth of calls ex VAT but I seem to have been charged a lot more that this.

Can someone please contact me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

If you would like to send on the account details I will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

First bill is what is called a pro rata bill. It is always higher than what you expect.

Let' pretend you agreed to €40/month and you signed up to that today. Eir will charge you a month in advance, but like all companies for some reason not today but in around 2 weeks on your billing date.

So in 2 weeks you will see a bill of around €60. Why this number? Because in two weeks you will see a charge for:
    • Bill for the next 30 days in advance.
    • Bill for the last two weeks that you used the service.

It's also possible you accidentally made excessive usage that was not covered by your package. Or also possible Eir made a genuine mistake billing you. Hopefully Sarah can check and help you with that.

-RobiePAX

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Any news on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

demac wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Still waiting.
    Hi there demac.

Sincere apologies that you're still waiting on a response.

Would you mind just sending me all the information you sent to Sarah via PM and I'll have a look at this for you?

Thank you
    -Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

I am trying to get an email address that I can send eir an email about billing. cannot find one. anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

demac wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Still waiting.
    Hi demac, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've responded to your PM there now.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement