Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house information

Options
  • 14-09-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi, 
    in the near future Ill be moving from an are that has FTTH (1 year contract) to an area which has up to 100Mb "fibre" (i presume its a fibre cabinet) is this allowed within my current contract - ie can i just request a connection to the new system and just pay as i am at the minute? if that makes sense!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi tigger1962,

When you submit a moving house request you would usually start a new contract which would cancel out your existing contract therefore the service available in the new residence is the service that you would pay for.

For more information on the type of service available and the cost of this I would recommend calling our customer care team on 1901 or alternatively you can submit a moving home request linked below and a member of our moving house team will be in touch.

https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/moving-house/

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

You should be able to move your existing contract to the new house without any problems if the new house doesn't already have a broadband service under contract.

Note that you will be re-contracted to another 12 months if you bring over your contract. 

You said there's a possibility that your old house had FTTH, while new house has FTTC. In this case you will have to agree to a different cheaper package because FTTC is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

that's one of the problems - at time time i signed up fo the ftth i wasn't aware we'd be moving house... thing is I can get a competitors product cheaper and faster that Eir at the new house and i only have 6 months left on the current contract! it might just be cheaper for me to pay the penalty and end the contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

tigger1962 wrote: »
    that's one of the problems - at time time i signed up fo the ftth i wasn't aware we'd be moving house... thing is I can get a competitors product cheaper and faster that Eir at the new house and i only have 6 months left on the current contract! it might just be cheaper for me to pay the penalty and end the contract!
    Are you sure? Eir is one of the cheapest. You should be able to negotiate a €39.99 deal for 12 months on Eir. I wouldn't know which competitor are you referring to.

Sky - €30 for 12 months. While correct, it's cheaper but they charge €50 installation fee if you don't have Sky TV.
    Vodafone - €25 for 6 months. Then it goes back to €40 and contract is longer, 18 months.
    Virgin Media - Yes, they are the best. €39.99 for 6 months. But not available everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

thanks RobiePAX, All three are available at the new address. I think I'll just have to wait and see closer to move time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement