Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir has the most USELESS Customer Service!

Options
  • 14-09-2018 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I moved back to Eir two weeks ago. HUGE mistake. Since then only problems and error on the line. I tried to call Eir several times this week and each time hung up after more than 5 minutes. I even tried their online Chat, even more useless. The online service couldn't recognise my address, and I copied the address from Eir's website when the agent wants my address. You think their systems are updated? So even after I told the guy I copied it from EIR's website, he still says it's wrong and he cannot help me. This happened twice this week. 
    Secondly, I decided to switch away from Eir last night and placed an order with Vodafone, but I did not receive a UAN number to give it to them. So I tried to call them several times today, with NO ANSWER and I couldn't stay on because I also have work to do. Eventually, at 5:30pm, I called and waited for 25 minutes for someone to answer. I can make steak and chips in 25 minutes... THEN; the customer service agent on the phone said she couldn't help me to get my UAN number and needed to transfer me to another department. Are they not customer service? So now it's 6 pm and guess what? No one answered and a robot woman tells me the call center is closed. HOW CONVENIENT EIR? I will post this message on every single platform I have access to, until EIR allows me to switch to another provider. THANKS for nothing Eir!! My question is: Will you refund me for all my effort and time I wasted, or will you let me go to another provider, even if I'm after the cooling period? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

What is the actual fault you are facing with the line? Do you not get broadband? Or mobile coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I moved back to Eir two weeks ago. HUGE mistake. Since then only problems and error on the line. I tried to call Eir several times this week and each time hung up after more than 5 minutes. I even tried their online Chat, even more useless. The online service couldn't recognise my address, and I copied the address from Eir's website when the agent wants my address. You think their systems are updated? So even after I told the guy I copied it from EIR's website, he still says it's wrong and he cannot help me. This happened twice this week. 
    Secondly, I decided to switch away from Eir last night and placed an order with Vodafone, but I did not receive a UAN number to give it to them. So I tried to call them several times today, with NO ANSWER and I couldn't stay on because I also have work to do. Eventually, at 5:30pm, I called and waited for 25 minutes for someone to answer. I can make steak and chips in 25 minutes... THEN; the customer service agent on the phone said she couldn't help me to get my UAN number and needed to transfer me to another department. Are they not customer service? So now it's 6 pm and guess what? No one answered and a robot woman tells me the call center is closed. HOW CONVENIENT EIR? I will post this message on every single platform I have access to, until EIR allows me to switch to another provider. THANKS for nothing Eir!! My question is: Will you refund me for all my effort and time I wasted, or will you let me go to another provider, even if I'm after the cooling period? 
    Hi CharlesBill, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement