Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham vs Liverpool SAT 12:30..... And it's LIVE!!!!

• 14-09-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭

Whites vs Reds, should be good. What ye think? 1-3 to the Pool

PROPER FOOTBALL IS BACK FOLKS!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm sick of this Premier League sh1te interrupting the international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Spurs missing Alli and Lloris is a bonus. Assuming the defense doesn't implode like last year, I'll go for 2-1 Liverpool. I've a feeling Shaqiri will start ahead of Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

sabat wrote: »
    I'm sick of this Premier League sh1te interrupting the international football.

But it's LIVE!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Think the 5:30pm game will be a lot better and a more interesting game myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Match threads are so 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can see this being the game where Salah explodes into life. His stats have been impressive but he hasn't quite had the return on them yet. I reckon that changes against Tottenham who I think will need to have their shooting boots on to get something since Liverpool's defence aren't giving much away.

I reckon Liverpool will edge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Salah couldn't hit a barn door at the start of last season .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can see this being the game where Salah explodes into life. His stats have been impressive but he hasn't quite had the return on them yet. I reckon that changes against Tottenham who I think will need to have their shooting boots on to get something since Liverpool's defence aren't giving much away.

I reckon Liverpool will edge it.

I reckon it will be Mo's day also, I think with all the national team stuff behind him he will be raring to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Liamalone wrote: »
    Salah couldn't hit a barn door at the start of last season .......

Think he got 6 goals in ten games,2player of the month awards in first two months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Think he got 6 goals in ten games,2player of the month awards in first two months

After 4 games last season he had 2 goals and 2 assists and had missed a lot of sitters,

This season after 4 games he has 2 goals and 2 assists and had missed a lot of sitters. Just saying is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Alli being missing might be a blessing in disguise. Vorm is a liability though. I'd be very happy with a scored draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Think the 5:30pm game will be a lot better and a more interesting game myself.

Mmm a lot of "Neutrals" here I see :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Spurs go one up through some contentious decision before Shakiri comes on to score an all-time banger then setting up Sturridge for the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think Shaqiri is being overrated in this thread.

He’s a good player but not sure he can be a key contributor in these kinds of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Massive sample size of shaqiri overratedness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

redzerdrog wrote: »

Yeah he's only been a pro since 2009,no sample size whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I really can't see past a Liverpool win here and winning well. These games often end up in a hammering one way or another with the styles both teams play and Liverpool s defense has been sound so far.

This will be the acid test for where both teams are and I think Liverpool are in a better place than Tottenham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

First test of the season for LFC. Aside from drubbing a very poor West Ham they havn't looked particularly impressive and have beaten teams their fans would expect them to beat. Spurs open style of play will suit them down to the ground and if the greatest forward line of all time click then it's difficult to see past a win for them.

18 nil to the visitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah he's only been a pro since 2009,no sample size whatsoever

The amount of people overrating him in this thread is drowning out others, I just can't cope. It is too much. When will it stop

Just found it odd that one poster feels he will start ahead of Firmino which would be the most bizarre selection in PL history given the opposition and the influence Firmino has on the Liverpool side.

Another poster backed him for a goal and an assist. Stranger things have happened of course but he’s basically the second most talked about player in the thread before I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Strange to thing to say - but we have been poor the last 2 and a bit games. But top of league.

This is the real test today and a major step up in standard required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

18 nil to the visitors.

I endorse this prediction...

tumblr_m9ygtx9xcz1r0kcy7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The amount of people overrating him in this thread is drowning out others, I just can't cope. It is too much. When will it stop

You could unfollow the thread if the pressure is too much for you.

After 4 games last season he had 2 goals and 2 assists and had missed a lot of sitters,

This season after 4 games he has 2 goals and 2 assists and had missed a lot of sitters. Just saying is all

A problem for us and Salah is he was never going to have that type of season again.

BBC at that crap of comparing Salah's last season as some norm for the player.

A player and a sports person will just have that freak year. I mean everything he touched turned to goal. Every bounce , every shot. It was a a freak - yes incredible skill and play - but he had that x factor too.

If he did 2/3rd of what he did last season - it would still be a brilliant season for a Liverpool forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Just found it odd that one poster feels he will start ahead of Firmino which would be the most bizarre selection in PL history given the opposition and the influence Firmino has on the Liverpool side.

Another poster backed him for a goal and an assist. Stranger things have happened of course but he’s basically the second most talked about player in the thread before I posted.

I love Firmino but in the past he has been sluggish after international breaks (even though he didn't play Brazil's 2nd game this time, in fairness), and Klopp has spoken of squad players getting more of a chance in this run of games than before the break, so it's not completely crazy to suggest Shaqiri might get a start. I wouldn't bet on it for sure, but it could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just another boring (almost) home game. Spurs win 3-1 and a dodgy penalty for Arry.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I love Firmino but in the past he has been sluggish after international breaks (even though he didn't play Brazil's 2nd game this time, in fairness), and Klopp has spoken of squad players getting more of a chance in this run of games than before the break, so it's not completely crazy to suggest Shaqiri might get a start. I wouldn't bet on it for sure, but it could happen.

Agree with this - Shaqiri is a complete unknown and has still a bit of a surprise impact on opposition.

Then stick Firmino on at a later stage.

Can't see it happening - but logic in it.

But a 2 % chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Mark my words,

Virgil to score from a set piece today :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He’s a good player but not sure he can be a key contributor in these kinds of games.

Literally one person mentioned him before yourself so I don't see how he's been overrated :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Neither team been particularly impressive yet this season, which isn't an overly negative thing in Liverpools case since they have done so well results wise but I think it's a good time to play Spurs and they should come through comfortably enough.

Kane ain't right, no lloris, no dele to win dodgy free kicks and get players in trouble.

Away win

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Agree with this - Shaqiri is a complete unknown and has still a bit of a surprise impact on opposition.

Then stick Firmino on at a later stage.

Can't see it happening - but logic in it.

But a 2 % chance :D

Complete unknown.........ok

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

0-5

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Spurs missing Ali and Lloris are a big plus for Liverpool, still expect a behind the couch kinda match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tough one to call as neither team have got going or played anyone of note yet. Liverpool rarely seem to play well in early kick offs or games after international breaks so hopefully that changes and they pick up the win, as the last few seem to be putting a few noses out of joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As a “neutral” I want a 4-4 draw. All goals scored by Salah and Moura for my FF team...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Lloris and Deli are a big loss to Spurs. Not sure how good, bad or indifferent Vrom is these days? Iirc, Liverpool were pumped by Spurs last season, and unlucky to draw in the second game. I'm hopeful Klopp will put things right today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

With Ali and Lloris injured and a supposedly 'tired' Kane, I can only see a Liverpool win. Hoping Keita starts.

Liverpool team to play Tottenham:

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keïta, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Mignolet, Fabinho, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Shaqiri, Matip

Spurs Team

Vorm, Tripper, Vertongen, Toby, Rose, Winks, Dier, Eriksen, Dembele, Moura and Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Spurs Team

Born, Tripper, Vertongen, Toby, Rose, Winks, Diet, Ericsson, Dembele, Moura and Kane.

I think Diet would be an improvement on Dier not sure on Born and Ericsson is a bit past his prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool team to play Tottenham:

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Ke, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Mignolet, Fabinho, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Shaqiri

Come a long way in a few years to have such a strong bench and Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Am gutted not to see the fine young English talent deli alley display his wares this morning. Coz he's ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on you spurs hide behind the couch time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Souness and Firmino must have the same dentist.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Literally one person mentioned him before yourself so I don't see how he's been overrated :confused:

When you use words like ‘literally’ you ought to make sure you’re right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

0-0 draw, calling it now

When you use words like ‘literally’ you ought to make sure you’re right.

Well seeing as your being pedantic i might as well be too.

Only one person mentioned Shaqiri but someone else did say Shakiri. Not sure who the second lad is but definitely not a Liverpool player ;)

Betting, booze and pizza, how well do advertisers know their audience?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A Spurs win would be very nice. Liverpool will win it though; 1-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This could be a pool demolition job

Spurs are asleep

• Advertisement
Advertisement