Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham vs Liverpool SAT 12:30..... And it's LIVE!!!!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Big thanks to whoever started this match thread, it has yielded a great result and surely the one you anticipated also. :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Big thanks to whoever started this match thread, it has yielded a great result and surely the one you anticipated also. :)

He's a pool fan afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »

Dunno, they didn’t get the 18 goals predicted...clearly overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kane really sucks bad at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Garzorico wrote: »
    Stonewall peno at the end - mane on son - without a shadow of a doubt. Mane took sons standing leg from under him.

VAR once again.

Lol what?

He kicked his own foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    He's a pool fan afaik.

OP Supports a team from Liverpool but from the blue side.

Nice wee easy match thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

The first proper test for Liverpool and they passed it easily, i wouldnt bet against them......well unless VVD or Alisson gets injured.
    Maybe if Klopp had spent the big money on a goalie last year they would have done better than they did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Spurs missing Alli and Lloris is a bonus. Assuming the defense doesn't implode like last year, I'll go for 2-1 Liverpool. I've a feeling Shaqiri will start ahead of Firmino.

If I was going to be wrong about one of my predictions, I'm glad I was wrong about Shaqiri!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lol what?

He kicked his own foot.

https://twitter.com/PerfectPass/status/1040954466160132097

Definite penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Looking at the replay, Mane got very lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

cjmc wrote: »
    Looking at the replay, Mane got very lucky

Definite pen, but tough for the officials to see without the aid of technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Nokotan wrote: »

How the ref missed that I'll never know we should have gotten a undeserved last minute equaliser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Garzorico wrote: »
    Stonewall peno at the end - mane on son - without a shadow of a doubt. Mane took sons standing leg from under him.

VAR once again.

Surely this is a drunken pisstake?

Edit: Ye may be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Delighted Liverpool won and Spurs didn't that stonewall penalty at the end. It's only a pity the ball wasn't over the line for the goal and also a pity they didn't wrongly award the offside goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

davycc wrote: »
    How the ref missed that I'll never know we should have gotten a undeserved last minute equaliser

Actually I’d say that was hard to spot in real time. Most people only noticed it on the replays.

ref won them that in the end 😉

apologies accepted folks!

seriously though, liverpool were nothing special today and should still have won by four goals.

neither manager will be happy with that, but obviously spurs were particularly rank, and we should consider ourselves lucky to have the points we do at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

VVD has a #Metoo claim here.

Stonewall penalty to Liverpool there.

How did the officials not see that.

DnIombhW4AARUr6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's the EPL they almost universally turn a blind eye to those once the first 3 matchdays are over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Hard to tell from a still picture

Have you a gif perhaps with the ball location, whether it's in play etc?

No need for the victim card really, it's ok to be happy to get off lucky sometimes.

If Toby fouls VVD fair enough of course, tough to decide that based on the above.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hard to tell from a still picture

Have you a gif perhaps with the ball location, whether it's in play etc?

No need for the victim card really, it's ok to be happy to get off lucky sometimes.

If Toby fouls VVD fair enough of course, tough to decide that based on the above.

It went right over VVD head as he was being pulled down. Doesn't matter though because Gini scored in that play didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It went right over VVD head as he was being pulled down. Doesn't matter though because Gini scored in that play didn't he?

The ref may have being playing advantage and may have awarded a pen if Gini hadn't have scored. I'd need to see it again to see what the ref was doing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TitianGerm wrote: »

No idea tbh.

Refs are abysmal for that kind of stuff in the prem! VAR is gonna cause some problems for a lot of players, Chris Smalling I'm looking at you!

If ye scored off that corner I suppose it all worked out anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't see the 2nd half, but it seems like it was much like the first. Liverpool seemed like they were the better team, and they deserved the win. Spurs have been pretty awful of late, bar a few well taken chances against United. Dier is absolutely awful, and should be dropped immediately. Kane is also seriously suffering, and could do with a few weeks off. Poch also needs to sort out his tactical substitutions.

Ref (and his team) were poor though to be fair. Got the offside call wrong for Liverpool's first, and missed a blatant penalty against Son. Anyone who says that wasn't a penalty is having a ****ing laugh as well.

Ref (and his team) were poor though to be fair. Got the offside call wrong for Liverpool's first, .

agree 100% with everything you say but this was a good call. the defence was def affected by mané who was offside and the right decision was made

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was that was it was for? I thought they said he got a touch, which didn't seem like he had. Makes sense if it was for interfering with play though.

i think it has to have been that, really

if so, thats one imagined mané touch that cost liverpool right at the start, and one very real one at the end that they missed and either call leads to a very different result

but again, klopp should be raging that we can even talk about a not-given penalty as being the difference, there was no contest out there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think Spurs are starting to look stale and will regret not strengthening in the summer. Kane is still off the pace and a passenger at times and they can’t afford that.

i think the world cup is a bigger factor than staleness.

its hard to add strength to that first team at our price point.

tbh i think pochettino- god tho he is- is struggling to manage the squad and is struggling with some of his proteges not delivering on a sustained basis.

if he really wants to crack elite management he could prove a lot this season at spurs.

i know he could land a top job tomorrow regardless, but im hoping that he still sees the potential to achieve/improve at spurs for the rest of this season at least....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

i think the world cup is a bigger factor than staleness.

its hard to add strength to that first team at our price point.

tbh i think pochettino- god tho he is- is struggling to manage the squad and is struggling with some of his proteges not delivering on a sustained basis.

if he really wants to crack elite management he could prove a lot this season at spurs.

i know he could land a top job tomorrow regardless, but im hoping that he still sees the potential to achieve/improve at spurs for the rest of this season at least....

The price point is a Levy imposed one. We could have afforded a couple of 60-70m players and their wages but Levy is too conservative.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

DnIombhW4AARUr6.jpg

Thought the same thing, he was all over him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

DnIombhW4AARUr6.jpg

Happens every weekend, spurs denied a penalty in the end ot the game also dont forget that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Happens every weekend, spurs denied a penalty in the end ot the game also dont forget that

That's the point people are making. Spurs should have had one at end, Mane got lucky. Likewise Liverpool could have had one as Toby was at that **** all game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

All in, Liverpool deserved victory. Better of the two sides and Klopp should be having a go at Mane & Salah for being too greedy at times. It should have been put to bed before Spurs scored. But that being said, the front line have yet to 'click' for want of a better word. Firmino was great and back line was very good. Nice to see Allisson just hoof it a few times, no fancy dan tricks. Just simple things done well. His starting position in goal is great, makes everything look simple. If it were Karius I'd think we'd have conceded a few more goals so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Best team won on the day no doubt. It was the worst Spurs performance I have seen live in a long time. Hopefully City all the way for the title now, could not bear if this red crowd won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Best team won on the day no doubt. It was the worst Spurs performance I have seen live in a long time. Hopefully City all the way for the title now, could not bear if this red crowd won it.

Giving up on it after 5 games ..jayzuz

• Advertisement

Giving up on it after 5 games ..jayzuz

We were never going to win it anyway being realistic. The battle to get into the top 4 is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

KingdomYid wrote: »
    We were never going to win it anyway being realistic. The battle to get into the top 4 is on.

Yea but wanting one team to stroll to it is no fun

Yea but wanting one team to stroll to it is no fun

Well if that one team is up against Liverpool for it, let them stroll away I say :D

Advertisement