Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Development Agency-possible sites

• 14-09-2018 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭

The new Land Development Agency was announced today, it will use publicly-owned land for housing.
    Any ideas what sites in Limerick could be used? I'm thinking the land around St. Joseph's hospital has potential.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

pigtown wrote: »
    The new Land Development Agency was announced today, it will use publicly-owned land for housing.
    Any ideas what sites in Limerick could be used? I'm thinking the land around St. Joseph's hospital has potential.

I had the exact same thought. There is a large landbank there. Much of the site to rear of the hospital building and down towards the cemetary is undeveloped. There is potential for good density residential accomodation here with proximity to the city centre.

The former Guinness depot on Carey's Road is another which should be a prime site for residential development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Is the Guinness site in state ownership? I'd like to know how much land CIE owns around the rail station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

It's owned by the Council. They were keen to sell it but as far as I know it's still in their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There is a report from a couple of years ago carried out by the Council which looks at potential sites. They whittled it down from 80 publically owned sites to 23 potentially viable ones in the city. I can't find it online but it was called the ASH report if anyone cares to look.

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I couldn't find it online either though. I suppose the Bord Gais site could be looked at, and maybe some of the docks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The Shannon Foynes Port Company are looking at developing the docks, but mostly for commercial and industrial purposes, unfortunately. The Bord Gais site is being prepared for sale I think. I don't think either would be considering publicly owned?

I understood that they were talking about all state agencies like the HSE as well as local authorities. Maybe I got that wrong

Advertisement