Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids watching other kids opening toys.

• 14-09-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭

Hi

Fairly harmless one really. Have a 4 year old boy and a 3 year old girl.

Instead of watching peppa pig or paw patrol or whatever, they watch a lot of YouTube videos of other kids opening toys all day.

Does yee children do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ryan's toy reveal.....I just don't get it but my kids like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

That’s the one I think. An Asian looking dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

obi604 wrote:
    Instead of watching peppa pig or paw patrol or whatever, they watch a lot of YouTube videos of other kids opening toys all day.

Is it any different to the late late you show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

obi604 wrote: »
    That’s the one I think. An Asian looking dude.

That's him. He's worth millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

That's him. He's worth millions.

Yeah, was thinking alright. Fock me, some setup, 5 years old or whatever and pure loaded from opening toys!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I've heard of it/seen it.Ridiculous to my mind.We don't do youtube for that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I’ve seen it a couple of times, just seems crazy to me! Don’t allow the kids on YouTube now, too many times the ‘suggested’ Next video isn’t suitable or leads to something else we don’t like them watching. Easier just to say no YouTube and they got over it fairly quickly!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mine are obsessed they are 9,7,5 and 4.
    They also like making their ow videos .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My son (4) loves it, it wrecks my head. I don't mind him watching it himself, but if I'm sitting down to watch something with him, not a chance!

Seems harmless enough to me though. I've no real problem with him watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its the same thing with Teens watching other teens play games online through YouTube.

Bizarre. But what's the harm. Must be a generational thing.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not mine but I know a kid that watches videos of a kid reacting to a kid opening a present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

its amazing the things you learn when you have kids.
    this is called unboxing its one of the biggest things on youtube and many of the people who do this make a lot of money out of it.

all mine have been obsessed with it, its pretty harmless i suppose, except they start taking in an american accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes!!!! My 4 year old loves him!!!
    The other thing he loves to watch is imaginext batman videos.....basically adults playing but you can’t see the adults...they do the figures’ voices :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Opening eggs also! Instesd of YouTube we use YouTube kids.

Not fool proof but at least it's not regular YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My lot are obsessed with watching cutting up squiggie toys 🙈

Advertisement