Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men wearing hats indoors

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭moonage

13IGGYBOWIE-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Uncouth. Same sort of crowd who'd open an umbrella indoors. Not the way a gentleman behaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

mrskinner wrote: »
    I remember seeing somebody from a well known rock band wearing a hat inside a church at a funeral service.

Must have been slash. He has previous offences

https://youtu.be/8SbUC-UaAxE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Is this him?

43e67a5b25bbf4319f593abdb1b0f6f2.jpg

That’s him, yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

My elderly neighbor wears his cap to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

There's an elderly gentleman in Dublin who I long ago (mid 90's or thereabouts) nicknamed inspector clouseau (given that I when ai first seen him (in a bookies) he was studying the form with a large magnifying glass.

Well, he has a fedora and I've seen him maybe a dozen times over the years swan into the cinema just before the film starts and plonk himself down in front of people with not a fcuk given to whether or not he could be blocking someone's view.

In fact on one occasion (how's it not been more I'll never know) he caused blue holy murder, in the IFI, when asked to take it off. I secretly admire the mad bastard if I'm honest. Always on his own. I imagine he visits a bordello and refuses to take his hat off there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

I hate these random rules that somebody just 'decided' gives you class

"Don't wear your hat indoors"
    "Always offer your seat to a lady"
    "You cannot urinate here, this is a public waiting room"

For fcuk sake! Stop policing my body you nazis.

Same with masterbating on an airplane. Ever since 9/11 everyone got so sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

FEIe4gvm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think hats for men coming back in fashion are great.

In my idealistic grunge inspired college days, I (briefly) sported a black beret along with my bum fluff goatee and long hair. I tried to look like Che Guevara but probably looked like more like Patty Hearst circa 1974 when she joined the urban terrorist group SLA. :eek::o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

There are some exceptions. For example, when I bought my Stetson, it came with a card saying to wear it at the bar, but take it off to eat. There are some traditions which are an exception to standard etiquette

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

I identify as a peak Mick hat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Porklife wrote: »
    Hats really suit some people. I love guys wearing baseball caps or flat caps. It shows they're confident too. I don't get why anyone would be offended by it or by any clothes. There's some guys I only fancy in a hat. Jarvis cocker is one of them. He puts a hat on and I suddenly wanna bang that sexy pencil.

There's hope for us all so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

nothing worse than a fat neckbeard wearing a fedora and cape

Is the word neckbeard allowed on boards now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Or as they're now known, men without jobs.
    Bill and Marty show kbbl radio ©

• Advertisement
Advertisement