Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW6 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

It looked like Lukaku was going to rise in price last night so in a bit of a panic, I brought him in. I am comfortable with that transfer, he is almost the same price as Auba and scoring more, but it means I have to to make two more changes now to get Vardy in. My first hit will probably be a -8. Stuck with Aguero so am now looking at a situation where the team is very top heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

manual_man wrote: »
    I kinda doubt there'll be rotation this weekend but if one is to be rested i kind of think it'll be Salah. He's looked out of sorts

IMO, that's why he won't be rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It’s funny how people see fixtures.

I’ve had to get rid of Walcott and Mkhi this week and when I looked at Fraser’s fixtures it put me off taking him in.
    Does anyone actually use FPL's official fixture difficult ratings as a guide to who's got a good/bad run coming up?

Or do they use something a bit more comprehensive like FFS or their own system?

FPL have Bournemouth's upcoming 5 fixtures down as 2 2 3 2 2. Looking through the rest of my team there isn't a single player who has a nicer run to look forward to.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Does anyone actually use FPL's official fixture difficult ratings as a guide to who's got a good/bad run coming up?

Or do they use something a bit more comprehensive like FFS or their own system?

FPL have Bournemouth's upcoming 5 fixtures down as 2 2 3 2 2. Looking through the rest of my team there isn't a single player who has a nicer run to look forward to.

I just use my own judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

For Liverpool's next two games after this weekend, they have Chelsea away as a 4 and City at home as a 5. I would say Liverpool are more likely to beat City at home than they are to beat Chelsea away. I don't think the official ratings are great tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    For Liverpool's next two games after this weekend, they have Chelsea away as a 4 and City at home as a 5. I would say Liverpool are more likely to beat City at home than they are to beat Chelsea away. I don't think the official ratings are great tbh.

They are also too generic. City at home might be a 5 for Liverpools defenders (City are very likely to score), but would hardly be a 5 for their attackers given the games are normally high scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fair points. I do like using a tool as it takes out any type of bias from the equation.

FFS's members guide appears to be on a larger scale but can be further adjusted to view from an attacking/defensive point of view.

Their overall ratings actually mirror the official FPL in saying that their fixture away to Chelsea is more difficult that the game at home to City.

People are free to adjust the difficult levels themselves if they don't agree. Not sure how they are initially decided upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

People are free to adjust the difficult levels themselves if they don't agree. Not sure how they are initially decided upon.

I would imagine it's based on the odds of them winning the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Debating Pedro -> Fraser

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Thinking of getting deeney or gray in for 1 week cover for Ings, or is this foolish ? My bench options are looking thin with injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    Debating Pedro -> Fraser

Pedro starts tonight. Less likelier that he will not start the league game as Hazard is at home with slippers on, and will definitely start in place of him or Willian at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Posted this in GW5 thread by accident.

Giroud and Pogba yes or no .I have them in as a wildcard.Think Pogs could be value with him on pens and on a bit of form now with decent fixtures.
    Giroud upfront for chelsea, cheap and big goal threat and chelsea far more attacking.

My team looks like
    Begovic /Hamar
    Alonso Robertson Shaw / Wan B Simpson
    Hazard Mane Pogba Frasiar Richcharlison
    Aguero Giroud /Long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pedro picked up an injury apparently tonight and Willian scored the winner so looks like Willian is firmly ahead of Pedro in the pecking order now.

I've made my transfer already so might have to take a points hit to offload Pedro. Probably will go for Maddison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Pedro > Fraser looking increasingly likely now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

With that Pedro injury the wildcard is becoming more likely. Pity i didn't do it at the start of the week to pick up risers....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Are people holding Mendy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pedro picked up an injury apparently tonight and Willian scored the winner so looks like Willian is firmly ahead of Pedro in the pecking order now.

I've made my transfer already so might have to take a points hit to offload Pedro. Probably will go for Maddison.
    Looks like a dislocated shoulder - same injury Salah got in CL final. He was back after about 3 weeks and that seemed rushed.

Looks like Richarlison back a week ealier than planned for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are people holding Mendy?
    I am, I reckon he'll be back by the weekend, wait for the press conference tomorrow at least

Frazer, Maddison or Richy as a Pedro replacement?

Leaning towards Maddison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Frazer, Maddison or Richy as a Pedro replacement?

Leaning towards Maddison.

Similar boat. Doing to Fraser allows Aguero to Kane next GW without a hit.

My first preference would be Richy

• Advertisement

Thinking Pedro/Duffy to Frazer/Shaw.

Shaw was motm again last night IMO and Duffy has 2 tough fixtures before a nice run. Get him back then depending on Mendy's situation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have decided to trigger on Richarlison. Just can’t ignore his early season form & looked to continue that with Brazil.

Getting him in now while still a bit of a differential plus I think he’ll outscore Fraser, Maddison so no point taking a punt on one & reversing later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have decided to trigger on Richarlison. Just can’t ignore his early season form & looked to continue that with Brazil.

Getting him in now while still a bit of a differential plus I think he’ll outscore Fraser, Maddison so no point taking a punt on one & reversing later on

I'm going to join you there.

Was toying with Mendy & Pedro to Doherty & Dilva but I'm going to avoid the -4 and just do Pedro to Richarlison.

Mendy can be downgraded later if it turns out there's something up and he can free up cash if Kane starts firing... which I expect sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ill probably do pedro to schurrle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Out - Walcott, Pedro and Mkhi

In - Richarlison, Willian and Maddison

All for a -4

I’m not getting the Fraser love. I don’t like his fixtures and I don’t like that recent injury he had.

Mendy is also a concern. Is his problem innocent enough or more serious I wonder.

Edit - also don’t like not having Arsenal for this run but can’t trust any of them except Aubameyang and can’t afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »

That’s a lucky break :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

All for a -4

I’m not getting the Fraser love. I don’t like his fixtures and I don’t like that recent injury he had.

Mendy is also a concern. Is his problem innocent enough or more serious I wonder.

Edit - also don’t like not having Arsenal for this run but can’t trust any of them except Aubameyang and can’t afford him.

Willian is just going to break your heart
    Always does this
    Same as 2 of the players you are selling

km79 wrote: »
    Willian is just going to break your heart
    Always does this
    Same as 2 of the players you are selling

Yeah. I’ve a feeling that could be true but I love watching him play.

I’m 0.2m short of getting Giroud instead so nothing I can do about that.

Clarity on Mendy would be nice. Or could lead to a -8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

All for a -4

I'd prefer Silva and Fraser to Willian and Maddison but think it's 0.2 more. Bournemouth's next 5 fixtures aren't too bad?

Advertisement