Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW6 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A -4 to remove Mendy, Walcott and Kante for Trippier, Fraser and Ricky could leave me with this team

Ryan (Foster)
    Trippier Robertson Alonso (AWB Peltier)
    Salah Hazard Ricky Fraser (Gunnarsson)
    Augero Arnie Mitrovic

What do ye think of the -4? Worthwhile? WC also an option but its really just to sort bench and keepers, so probably worth holding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SlickRic wrote: »
    the Mendy injury is a pain in the hole.

should probably get Robertson in, but fixtures obviously aren't brilliant.
    could get Laporte or Walker in. would prefer Walker but I don't trust Pep's wheel of rotation.
    Spurs will get going soon, but I don't trust them away at Brighton, which has me shying away from Trippier.
    i don't trust Utd either, even at home to Wolves. plus I've Patricio and Jimenez. i don't want 3 players in that game.
    i can't trust Arsenal's defence, or else i'd get Bellerin in.
    Leicester under Puel are utterly unpredictable, or else I'd get Pereira or Chilwell in.

as i say, pain in the fúcking hole.
    I feel like you've got trust issues Ric!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KevIRL wrote: »
    A -4 to remove Mendy, Walcott and Kante for Trippier, Fraser and Ricky could leave me with this team

Ryan (Foster)
    Trippier Robertson Alonso (AWB Peltier)
    Salah Hazard Ricky Fraser (Gunnarsson)
    Augero Arnie Mitrovic

What do ye think of the -4? Worthwhile? WC also an option but its really just to sort bench and keepers, so probably worth holding
    looks good. wondering about the -4 for Walcott to Ricky myself. other transfers look good for 2FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Does anyone know where FPL are getting the return date of the 30th September for Mendy? That would leave him missing Cardiff and Brighton and back in time for an away match at Liverpool. At that rate I'd rather take my chances on Trippier or Vertonghen and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Pedro, Mendy, Tosun out

Ozil, Mitrovic, Holebas in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    If I sacrifice Mendy for a 4.0m defender I can upgrade Neves and Ings to Richarldson and Mitrovic. I already have Alonso and Robertson. Opinion?

Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Mendy to Bellerin done, nice saving of 1.3. Considered Shaw, Trippier & Monreal too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

looks good. wondering about the -4 for Walcott to Ricky myself. other transfers look good for 2FT

Good point. Not sure bout the -4 either now. Could just leave Walcott there for one more frustrating week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

bantee wrote: »
    Mendy to Bellerin done, nice saving of 1.3. Considered Shaw, Trippier & Monreal too

Why Bellerin may I ask? Arsenal defensively been brutal.

Looking at Mendy > Shaw for a -4, worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is Shaw expected to start ahead of Young?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Is it a no brainer to bring Alonso in for Mendy on a FT?
    Otherwise I'd be playing Bennet away to Man Utd.
    Also have Ings (can't play), Kamara (won't play) and Pedro a doubt so a bit short already so can't really role the transfer over like I was hoping.

Why Bellerin may I ask? Arsenal defensively been brutal.

3 out of 4 fixtures at home, gets into the box regularly for shots/assists, rotation worries about Shaw/Trippier. I agree it’s a bit risky but I think he could be a good differential

Klonker wrote: »
    Is it a no brainer to bring Alonso in for Mendy on a FT?
    Otherwise I'd be playing Bennet away to Man Utd.
    Also have Ings (can't play), Kamara (won't play) and Pedro a doubt so a bit short already so can't really role the transfer over like I was hoping.

Yes, very good option, too good to pass up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any opinions on Sane? There’s a differential article on FFS that has me thinking of swapping Dilva for Sané

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

KevIRL wrote: »
    Good point. Not sure bout the -4 either now. Could just leave Walcott there for one more frustrating week

Walcott playing against a brutal defense in his first return to a ground where he has scored 50+ goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Walcott playing against a brutal defense in his first return to a ground where he has scored 50+ goals

Or alternatively... A Walcott blank, which he has done 150+ times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

i cant believe I still have coleman...am too loyal...which 6mill r under defender to bring in...currentlyhave van dijk and alonso...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

bantee wrote: »
    3 out of 4 fixtures at home, gets into the box regularly for shots/assists, rotation worries about Shaw/Trippier. I agree it’s a bit risky but I think he could be a good differential

It's that or Kabasele, think it might be worth the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still have one FT but these injuries have put a half to my B.B. /Eased my selection headaches so I think I’m going to carry the FT then decide what to do next week
    Most likely it will be Pedro to Ricky and maybe Mendy to Trippier
    Townsend will be in my team till Xmas at this rate ! Up against his old Club this weekend though so guaranteed a goal

Team at moment is
    Schmeichel
    WanB Alonso robbertson
    Salah Townsend Maddison Fraser
    Arnie aguero mitrovic

Hennessy (reluctantly as I had planned on B.B. this week when I wildcarded ) Pedro cook Mendy

Won’t be online much for rest of weekend so what ye reckon ? Bank the second FT ?
    If I bring in Ricky or trippier it means dropping someone with a better fixture
    Even cook has a decent one . Again that was the only reason he was in my feckin squad as I looked at this weeks fixtues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Still have one FT but these injuries have put a half to my B.B. /Eased my selection headaches so I think I’m going to carry the FT then decide what to do next week
    Most likely it will be Pedro to Ricky and maybe Mendy to Trippier
    Townsend will be in my team till Xmas at this rate ! Up against his old Club this weekend though so guaranteed a goal

Team at moment is
    Schmeichel
    WanB Alonso robbertson
    Salah Townsend Maddison Fraser
    Arnie aguero mitrovic

Hennessy (reluctantly as I had planned on B.B. this week when I wildcarded ) Pedro cook Mendy

Won’t be online much for rest of weekend so what ye reckon ? Bank the second FT ?
    If I bring in Ricky or trippier it means dropping someone with a better fixture
    Even cook has a decent one . Again that was the only reason he was in my feckin squad as I looked at this weeks fixtues

I’d stick. Strong team.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I’d stick. Strong team.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking thanks

Now for the captaincy .........had it in salah all week and again had him earmarked for a few weeks
    For the first time this season I’ve switched from original captain and its now on Aguero but may not stay there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone keepin pedro?

Anyone keepin pedro?

Yes but benching for arnie now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Fantasy Football Scout say Mane is a rotation worry

Is this bollocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Fantasy Football Scout say Mane is a rotation worry

Is this bollocks?

It's just an opinion. I doubt he'll be rotated for the reasons many people have said with the league cup game etc. But if Liverpool are 3 or 4-0 up in the 60th I'd expect to see him Subbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With Rico & Bennett as my replacement defender is taking Mendy out for a -4 worth it given we don’t know when he’ll return

Chesty08 wrote: »
    With Rico & Bennett as my replacement defender is taking Mendy out for a -4 worth it given we don’t know when he’ll return

Play rico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling Mendy for a - 4 at this stage doesnt make sense, just use your bench would be my advice.

I'll be holding him till more info appears and taken it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I’m ****ed. Used my 2FTs but have Mendy Pedro and Cairney out.

It’s a bit late in the week to play a wildcard. Is free hit an options?

• Advertisement

I’m ****ed. Used my 2FTs but have Mendy Pedro and Cairney out.

It’s a bit late in the week to play a wildcard. Is free hit an options?

Playing either makes you lose a FT so if it’s just a straight choice between the 2 options then wildcard
    If you free hit you will get those 3 back AND whoever you sold
    You wouldn’t have made much money on wc anyway so don’t let that cloud your judgement
    If you think you need to do it do It

Advertisement