Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotunda IVF VS Repromed Drogheda

Options
  • 15-09-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Wondering if anyone can tell me is there much difference in fertility clinics?

I have had 3 and 21 day bloods done with GP and my oh has had seman analysis done in rotunda. All fine.

I have only found out there is a fertility clinic in Drogheda. We are in Ulster and Drogheda would be much handier for us if we are to be making regular trips. Could anyone advise? Would it be better to stick with rotunda? I'm 35 and concerned so I'm happy to travel if it is the better option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

so many qs wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can tell me is there much difference in fertility clinics?

I have had 3 and 21 day bloods done with GP and my oh has had seman analysis done in rotunda. All fine.

I have only found out there is a fertility clinic in Drogheda. We are in Ulster and Drogheda would be much handier for us if we are to be making regular trips. Could anyone advise? Would it be better to stick with rotunda? I'm 35 and concerned so I'm happy to travel if it is the better option.

Can't offer any advice on Drogheda. We did use Rotunda & had no major issues with it (was bloody clamped one day when we had come out of an egg transfer). Coming from the North, Drogheda is definitely handier, though Rotunda is not far off the M1, traffic can be an issue. What I did like about Rotunda was it was city center so times we were there for a few hours was handy to be able to go for a walk & plenty of options for a coffee.

Staff very nice in Rotunda, some days it did feel a bit rushed as just seemed to be a lot of patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

Thank you for your reply. We got good news last week. My period was two days late, did a pregnancy test and got a positive result. Early days we know but delighted.

Followed another poster's advice here and downloaded the Fertility Friend app, got a BBT thermometer, used preseed, and had sex every day until my temperature showed I'd ovulated. This was my eighth cycle since coming off the pill and that was all we did differently.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Advertisement