Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper - Mortgage?

• 15-09-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I know. Not exactly a reputable establishment but I would love to get more info on Pepper.
    Steer clear?

My credit record will be clear in 18 months.
    Unfortuantely was unavoidable as fell on hard times.
    But considering a pepper mortgage and switching in the future. Insane ?
    Anyone have experience with them ?
    Penalties for switching after pepper? Will banks want to know you knowing mortgage was with them? The credit issue was a relatively small one but crucially damaging so i am considering them.

We have stable permanent jobs and both 40 . Earnings of 80k p.a gross.
    Afraid if we dont make a move , we will be priced out in 2 years.
    Also, my other half really needs to go part time for family reasons. That could well mean going non- permanent.
    Difficult decision. Reluctant to wait.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 mummy5

Hi pinkles

My self and my husband are in a similar situation. I have previous black marks from and unpaid credit union loan back in 2013 ( which is now paid in full) but my ICB report is saying debt won't be written off report until November 2020. His report is clear though. It's such a long time to wait so we were thinking pepper for our mortgage. I saw their standard interest rates are 3.7% but a mortgage with bad credit is apporox 5% interest. We're kind of desperate for a house at this stage we don't want to wait until 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 technodj

Did you get sorted with pepper?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnytdi

Hi Just wondering has anyone used Finance Ireland for a mortgage since they took pepper over.

What are they like to deal with.

Thanks.

Advertisement