Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All in all The Circle was, completely unexpectedly, a brilliant series and one of my favourite shows of the year. Has it already been posted that Netflix are gonna be making their own versions? So the format will be going international, which makes it highly likely that the British version will return.

Oh sweet, didn't know about that. Something to look forward to, and seeing how different nations deal with the game should be very interesting. Also, maybe with Netflix on board the kinks might get worked out early on, so by the time Season 2 of the UK one rolls around it will be like a well oiled machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I can see an American version being completely OTT and ruining what made the UK one great, but I'd give it a chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can see the "American" version being an improvement on the UK version although it all depends on who's producing it. Hopefully someone with a good track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I can see an American version being completely OTT and ruining what made the UK one great, but I'd give it a chance anyway.

Agreed, it could all too easily become staid and predictable. The producers would be trying to jazz it up, put in bigger egos, clashing personalities, the usual old rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just watched the final, took a lot for me to not click into this thread and keep it unread on my thread page!!!

Winner is deserved i think and it does send a message to all about stranger danger.
    I do wish dan or sian got the peoples vote they did do themselves justice.

I will be glad that i dont have to listen to the likes of "oh he's a sort" "she's a bit of me" anymore!! I did not realise thats how londoners talk now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

The wrap up show type thing is on Channel 4 at 10.25 tonight.

Will be interesting to see how they all got on afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thanks for the reminder. Thumbs up emoji. Send message.

I usually don't bother with these wrap up shows, but will check in here later to see if it's worth checking out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

they said on the final it'll have a psychologist on. one thing i noticed was even when some were sure kate wasn't real, they didn't care. scotty even said he liked the person. not sure if they'd have the same reaction if kate wasn't as nice towards them/the group

hopefully it shows the final votes too. this is what the last ep. showed on how they voted
    alex - 2, 1, 1. the 2 for dan
    dan - 5, ?, ?
    freddie - 2, 1, ?
    sian - 3, 2, ?

dan says 5 twice in the clips but i'm not sure is that two separate votes. i couldn't see him giving sian lower than 3 though
    it's not really right to say he won it for kate. all the votes would've affected it. freddie lost it for sian, kate won it for her/himself, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Felt sorry for Dan watching Kate’s rating. Can’t blame him for being pissed off with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

something from youtube, looks like they're on better terms now

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks to be on soon

Starts back Tuesday 9.15pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This was really excellent last year. Loved that the audience could get involved via the app. Can’t wait for the new series.

Can't wait for this - hopefully they've improved on the initial format and not butchered it completely, as I know there's meant to be quite a few changes.

They’re started introducing the players on social media and the app. Couple of proper catfishes so far, including one woman pretending to be her son.

Richard Madeley is going in as a player and the audience will be deciding who he’ll be playing. Not sure I’m into this, but that might be because I can’t stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Not a fan of Emma Willis or her addition to this but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised !!

Richard Madeley is going in as a player and the audience will be deciding who he’ll be playing. Not sure I’m into this, but that might be because I can’t stand him.

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this, there shouldn't be 'celebrity' players. I know the format will need tweaks to keep it interesting but this just smacks of trying to fix something that isn't broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this, there shouldn't be 'celebrity' players. I know the format will need tweaks to keep it interesting but this just smacks of trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I felt the same way. I didnt watch series one but introducing one "celeb" already just seems unnecessary. Wouldnt even mind if it was a celeb version, but having just one celeb is silly imo, too much interferring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why Is Robin Williams in this and why is he called Tim? Uncanny similarities.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I felt the same way. I didnt watch series one but introducing one "celeb" already just seems unnecessary. Wouldnt even mind if it was a celeb version, but having just one celeb is silly imo, too much interferring.

It seems he will have very little impact.

Really enjoyed it tonight. So far it’s not too different from last year! A little more game play from the off, but that’s to be expected.

Good launch tonight, pretty much answers the question straight away about whether or not it could work for a second series. Still think Madeley's inclusion isn't necessary, but at least it's only for a week.

So, I assume everyone is rooting for Tim to win (based on first impressions anyway)... :D

So, I assume everyone is rooting for Tim to win (based on first impressions anyway)... :D

Yep I am. Love him already :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am!

And yes, he's the SPIT of Robin Williams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looking forward to the show starting properly tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watching episode 1 pretty similar to last year with Emma Willis and more of a budget and audience.
    Tim ftw I would think.

Least favourite Georgina..or Emelle.... painful

Loved series 1, hopefully this series isn't full of eejits.

Advertisement