Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soarview Home Cinema

• 16-09-2018 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Sorry for amateur question but I have a Yamaha 5.1 setup.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202921-yamaha-yht1840.aspx

Use HDMI inputs/outputs for usual sky, PS4 etc.

Soarview aerial feed via coax is not a HDMI input as you know. So I’m wondering how to input it into amp to get 5.1 with Soarview.

Can soarview aerial feed be an input with better amps?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Soarview is not a HDMI input as you know....

I have a Saorview box (quite elderly at this stage) and it has HDMI output, so I don't know why you have that impression ?

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

The Ritz wrote: »
    I have a Saorview box (quite elderly at this stage) and it has HDMI output, so I don't know why you have that impression ?

Ritz.

Sorry I mean Soarview aerial feed via coax.

Your right I could get a Soarview box to create a Soarview HDMI output

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

sabat wrote: »

Hi, sorry I should have been clearer in OP. I don’t have a Soarview box I have a Soarview aerial feed via coax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, sorry I should have been clearer in OP. I don’t have a Soarview box I have a Soarview aerial feed via coax.

What audio outputs does your TV have?

• Advertisement

What audio outputs does your TV have?

Hi, I don’t want to run cables from TV to amp. Tv is wall mounted and I don’t want unsightly cables. I have a hdmi running in wall from amp to tv along with Soarview coax cable. So all outputs from amp on this hdmi cable and Soarview connected to tv via coax. (I could connect Soarview coax to amp if possible).

Currently using ARC HDMI input on tv to get 5.1 on Soarview but this hdmi tv input does not support HDR so this is the underlying reason for thread - to see if possible to connect Soarview coax feed to this amp and the use HDR input on TV.

Also wondering do other amps accept a digital aerial tv feed i.e Soarview.

TV connections attached.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, I don’t want to run cables from TV to amp. Tv is wall mounted and I don’t want unsightly cables. I have a hdmi running in wall from amp to tv along with Soarview coax cable. So all outputs from amp on this hdmi cable and Soarview connected to tv via coax. (I could connect Soarview coax to amp if possible).

Currently using ARC HDMI input on tv to get 5.1 on Soarview but this hdmi tv input does not support HDR so this is the underlying reason for thread - to see if possible to connect Soarview coax feed to this amp and the use HDR input on TV.

Also wondering do other amps accept a digital aerial tv feed i.e Soarview.

TV connections attached.

Thanks

Not possible without adding a Saorview box or similar. You do realise what you're asking? The coax is carrying a frequency with many channels. Even if the receiver had a terrestrial tuner it would have no way of telling which channel you were watching on the TV. You need to send the sound to the receiver.

Not possible without adding a Saorview box or similar. You do realise what you're asking? The coax is carrying a frequency with many channels. Even if the receiver had a terrestrial tuner it would have no way of telling which channel you were watching on the TV. You need to send the sound to the receiver.

Thanks that explanation makes sense. I had an idea that soarview box with hdmi out would be the solution but did not understand fully.

Thanks all for help.

Advertisement