Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What would you like to know?

Are you and Derry:
    1. In the same hospital?
    2. In the same ward?
    3. In the same bed?

Can you:
    1. talk to each other?
    2. see each other?
    3. see anyone else?
    4. talk to anyone else?

Are there:
    1. machines?
    2. drugs?
    3. Nurses?
    4. Doctors?
    5. Healthcare assistants?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    May I ask why is he leaning good?

The manner he revealed his hospitalization, coupled with a assumption it's a "bad" power in use.

Now, I say "lean" because I wouldn't clear him on it. But the fact is both he and I were targeted by the same person for some reason, and resulted in both of us being "hospitalized". There's a chance the effect is cause of a rolled goody though.

But if it's a "bad" power, which I'm hoping the village will get more info on eventually, then I'm willing to put Brendan over into my "leaning good" column for now.

He revealed in a similar manner to myself, seems to have all the same info as myself.

Its basically weighing up, at this stage, whether we've been hit by a good or bad power.

If it's Team Wolves have done this to us (somehow) then Brendan isn't on Team Wolf.

Now, if its the SK, then he could be a wolf that got caught too. And if it's a good power, it could be too. But without more info to go on for now, I'd put Brendan on my list of goods, even if he's at the bottom.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

RIP Mary. You shall be avenged.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Thats silly Derry. Whether he knew it was a good or bad power or not, his reaction would likely be the same, depending on if he is bad or good.
    Either he doesnt know and is a hapless victim (probably good), or he does know and is playing dumb (probably bad). You are discounting the latter on no basis imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Everything about it.

I have already said everything that was in the PM. It changes the persons status but not their abilities if they have any
    Riona WW wrote: »
    What time did you receive notification of hospital stay?

8.27 am as I have already said

What information are you allowed to provide regarding same?

All of it

What do you know about your “hospitalization”?

See response to Gabriel above
    Steve WW wrote: »
    are you still in the hospital or have you been discharged?

Don't know, haven't heard anything else
    Are you and Derry:
    1. In the same hospital? I would assume so
    2. In the same ward? Don't know
    3. In the same bed? - Oooh

Can you:
      -
    No to all the below
    [*]talk to each other?
    [*]see each other?
    [*]see anyone else?
    [*]talk to anyone else?

Are there:
      -
    I assume so unless its an abandoned hospital
    [*]machines?
    [*]drugs?
    [*]Nurses?
    [*]Doctors?
    [*]Healthcare assistants?

• Advertisement

Can either of you make a case for why you dont have the same info because one of you hospitalised the other?

*Why you do have the same info..

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    The manner he revealed his hospitalization, coupled with a assumption it's a "bad" power in use.

Now, I say "lean" because I wouldn't clear him on it. But the fact is both he and I were targeted by the same person for some reason, and resulted in both of us being "hospitalized". There's a chance the effect is cause of a rolled goody though.

But if it's a "bad" power, which I'm hoping the village will get more info on eventually, then I'm willing to put Brendan over into my "leaning good" column for now.

He revealed in a similar manner to myself, seems to have all the same info as myself.

Its basically weighing up, at this stage, whether we've been hit by a good or bad power.

If it's Team Wolves have done this to us (somehow) then Brendan isn't on Team Wolf.

Now, if its the SK, then he could be a wolf that got caught too. And if it's a good power, it could be too. But without more info to go on for now, I'd put Brendan on my list of goods, even if he's at the bottom.

It’s just very odd for a power to be in play on day 0. It’s also very odd for two players to be recipients of the same power.

Your message/Riddle warning for “somebody to not take the option” could be interpreted as suspect. A wolf warning to an SK? An ambiguous message for a goody role reveal later? I don’t know. But what I do know is that wolves enjoy confusion and at the very least I’m confused about everything that’s surrounding you.

Perhaps it is baddies shining shade on you but it might also be the wolf in plain sight strategy. Bold but very effective if believed and you are a baddy who peaks good.

I’m not insinuating one way or another , just getting that out there....

I would be leaning towards it being the SK as that is the role that that mentions hospitals. The only other mention of anything medical is the role of Molly Hooper and the morgue, but I don't see why the priest role would need to hospitalise someone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Just catching up on the mornings events. RIP Mary, hopefully you were a good one and not John Watson - can't imagine the Mods giving a clue like that away but they have been big on puzzles so only 90% confident in that.

To clarify the Moriarty thing I noticed Doris said this:

Doris WW wrote: »
    Excluding Moriarty who needs two full peeks. Blend in as nrv or good idea, peek as good, carry out evil deeds.

but the updated OP says:
    Jim Moriarty – Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Consulting Criminal: Moriarty has two full seer peek.

I read this to mean that Moriarty is evil seer not that he needs to be peaked twice to read as evil.

• Advertisement

couldn't he be a wolf pretending to be a victim and trying to get you onside?

if one of Derry or Brendan die before tonight we'll know a bit more I guess. If we are to believe both of them, my assumption for now is that the SK brings two potential victims into his play ground and gets to decide which to kill.

It would be an odd mechanic, but who knows.

I am not quite sure what changed "status" means though? Can either of you clarify?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

if one of Derry or Brendan die before tonight we'll know a bit more I guess. If we are to believe both of them, my assumption for now is that the SK brings two potential victims into his play ground and gets to decide which to kill.

I am not quite sure what changed "status" means though? Can either of you clarify?

Peek as bad perhaps?

The mods did not provide any other details as to what it means.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Peek as bad perhaps?

To elaborate, status might refer to their alignment?

So under the assumption that both are good, they would peek as bad.

If one is a wolf (or both) they might peek as good.

It's only a theory.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I am guessing that one of the two hospitalized folk will die and that the hospital is as outlined in the OP, the home of the SK who will strike.

That said the alternatives are that they could be wolves using the story that each other can clear to seem more villagery. However atm like most I thought Derry was probably good. That said we are barely into day 1 and despite being good at puzzles I have no strong leans yet.

Also not defending anyone but people have played with Orla before right, this style is her style no matter the game/role. Could be a dirty hairy wolf but could just as easily be someone having fun.

Anyone have any run ins with Mary? Or should we believe her partial claim was the reason for her death. Before Day 1 had even started seems very early for a serious claim but day 0 itself seemed far more important and less fluffy than usual.

Also are people planning on doing FFAs this game? a lot didn't last time and those that did ended up taking flak for it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

So you believe Conor is telling the truth?

How do you know hes not the one who has hospitalised you?

Hypothetically the one who hospitalised you would know these details too.

Have you been given a backroom as a result of this hospitalization?

Are you keeping any details of this hospitalization to yourself?

Sorry if im asking too much, i just cant seem what is gained my a hospital visit?

Like is it a form of protectionI wonder

Molly Hooper – Molly putting her love life on hold in her pursuit for justice is making practical use of her medical skills in the morgue.

Priest: Molly receives the roles of the dead.

Now Molly is the priest, we know that. But it also mentions medical skills too in her bio. Could she be sheltering folk in her hospital?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Conor WW wrote: »

I read this to mean that Moriarty is evil seer not that he needs to be peaked twice to read as evil.

Technically it’s a semi seer.. only two peaks!

Riona WW wrote: »
    Technically it’s a semi seer.. only two peaks!

Yes limited but he has them and not needs them right?

• Advertisement

So you believe Conor is telling the truth?

How do you know hes not the one who has hospitalised you?

Hypothetically the one who hospitalised you would know these details too.

Have you been given a backroom as a result of this hospitalization?

Are you keeping any details of this hospitalization to yourself?

Sorry if im asking too much, i just cant seem what is gained my a hospital visit?

Like is it a form of protectionI wonder

Um...why would Derry believe or not believe me about anything? Did you mean Brendan?

Molly Hooper – Molly putting her love life on hold in her pursuit for justice is making practical use of her medical skills in the morgue.

Priest: Molly receives the roles of the dead.

Now Molly is the priest, we know that. But it also mentions medical skills too in her bio. Could she be sheltering folk in her hospital?

I would have thought Molly was basically the same as Dr. Hibbert in the Simpsons, a doctor examining dead bodies for their identity.

I guess it COULD be related but there's already a BG, and a jailer so... I'd be skeptical of there being a third protect option.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Um...why would Derry believe or not believe me about anything? Did you mean Brendan?

Sorry I meant Brendan, it was you who cracked the code my mistake

I would have thought Molly was basically the same as Dr. Hibbert in the Simpsons, a doctor examining dead bodies for their identity.

I guess it COULD be related but there's already a BG, and a jailer so... I'd be skeptical of there being a third protect option.

So far nothing has happened to Bren or Derry, and nothing seems to be affecting them, so whats the pointof it.

In my head, just a theory, Bren and Derry have been given some sort of unknown protection by Molly.

Im probably way off

So far nothing has happened to Bren or Derry, and nothing seems to be affecting them, so whats the pointof it.

In my head, just a theory, Bren and Derry have been given some sort of unknown protection by Molly.

Im probably way off

It's the status change that has me more intrigued tbh rather than the 'whodunnit' element.

Or nothing happened to Bren & Derry and this has been an elaborate ruse to find a roled player.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I would be leaning towards it being the SK as that is the role that that mentions hospitals. The only other mention of anything medical is the role of Molly Hooper and the morgue, but I don't see why the priest role would need to hospitalise someone.

Watson also has the power to "heal", which I'd half link in to us as well.
    couldn't he be a wolf pretending to be a victim and trying to get you onside?

Could be, but my read of his release of the info reads to me as a goodie warning the village. He announced first (I had the post typed and ready to post at 9:59).

I feel it would be a needless wolf play IF he was a wolf who put me in hospital and then outed himself before I did in a bid to win me over.

Occum's razor, at least to me, is someone has the power to hospitalize two (or more?) people for some reason, and myself and Brendan were hit. Given it doesn't seem to affect powers, I don't see what good it does for the village, so I'm half leaning towards it being a wolfie power, but could be wrong on that.

Of course, Mary (I think) pointed out the it was pre-munch, so might not be the SK who gets his kill "between munches"? If it is a goodie power, so be it.

I'm not clearing Brendan. But I'm not hanging him either based on it. I'd place him leaning more towards good than bad. He's bottom of a list of 6 people I've wrote down in my "leaning good" column.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Excluding Moriarty who needs two full peeks. Blend in as nrv or good idea, peek as good, carry out evil deeds.

I think you read the role incorrectly.
    He has peeks, to use on others.
    It didn't read like he peeks good to me.

Do we not have 2 conflicting claims here between Brendan and Derry?

Whats the conflict. I know they are both being truthful about being hospitalized. I'm there with them, and there is another too. I do not know why Brendan asked to be healed, just before munch, that leaves me suspicious to the motive of hospitalizing us 4.
    Probably. How would you like to resolve them?

What conflict?

4 people hospitalized? Oh God I'm going to my happy place for a while....

VigorousCautiousBoar-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »

Whats the conflict. I know they are both being truthful about being hospitalized. I'm there with them, and there is another too. I do not know why Brendan asked to be healed, just before munch, that leaves me suspicious to the motive of hospitalizing us 4.

So there are 4 hospitalized now?

Derry
    Brendan

Desmond and who?

how do you know there are 4 of you? The others didn't indicate they knew of others

Would the 4th hospitalized person care to corroborate the story that is being laid out here for us?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Or nothing happened to Bren & Derry and this has been an elaborate ruse to find a roled player.

If it's an elaborate ruse and they're both wolves it's a suicide plot on day one with no one under pressure.

Add to that now that Des is also corroborating it and says there is a 4th its even more unlikely to be a scam. We don't know if it's a SK move or a wolf move or a village move but in any case it seems like the real deal. We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is.

Why does Des know there are 4 but the others did not indicate so? I would think especially on Day 1 this is too big to be a wolf ploy (involving all 4 of their team) and the flavor does fit the SK as per the OP but still its very odd that Des knows more than the others or that the others felt the need to not let the village know the full story. Surely whoever put them there would know already so testing for reactions etc seems a bit off

Ah, no, not Desmond too :(

I've not spotted 4th though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

User Name| Posts
    Orla WW |78
    Mary WW |48
    Derry WW |35
    Katie WW |33
    Riona WW |31
    Nigel WW |31
    Conor WW| 27
    Winifred WW |22
    Clodagh WW| 22
    Abigail WW |20
    Brendan WW| 20
    Doris WW| 18
    Gabriel WW |16
    Desmond WW| 16
    Tegan WW |16
    Wendy WW| 11
    Steve WW |10
    Frank WW| 9
    Liam WW |6
    Barbara WW| 5
    Eva WW |1
    Holly WW |1

So by my counting we've yet to hear from Gertrude, Isla and Oisín.

• Advertisement

You know when you send those email things from the computer to many people, and don't use the bcc field. Well, its like that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I'd be slightly worried the the hospitalisation fills the Arsonist role as the SK is Hospital based. 3 (or is it 4) people when it's not even Lynch day 1 seems like an awful lot of people waiting to die though.

You know when you send those email things from the computer to many people, and don't use the bcc field. Well, its like that.

Oh, I see it now. :pac:

I'd imagine if you found out that way that maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it on thread but cats out of the bag now.

So literally nothing for you 4 (if the 4th person wants to speak up) has changed apart from being told your in hospital at the moment, yes?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I'd be slightly worried the the hospitalisation fills the Arsonist role as the SK is Hospital based. 3 (or is it 4) people when it's not even Lynch day 1 seems like an awful lot of people waiting to die though.

Odd, I would not put this as SK at all, he kills between munches.

It could be jeff hope though, using his unique style of killing.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you found out that way that maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it on thread but cats out of the bag now.
    I assumed that knowledge was imparted onto us to use how we see fit.
    So literally nothing for you 4 (if the 4th person wants to speak up) has changed apart from being told your in hospital at the moment, yes?
    correct.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

#FFA1

Orla
    Desmond

That's all I have. Won't be back until about 6pm tonight, rushing as on lunch.

Desmond, how did you know 4 people were hospitalised?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Odd, I would not put this as SK at all, he kills between munches.

It could be jeff hope though, using his unique style of killing.

His style of killing was talking people in to playing his pill bottle game. He killed four people but that's the only similarity. Did the four hospitalised all solve or attempt to solve the puzzles?

Desmond, how did you know 4 people were hospitalised?

At risk of going meta, there's four names in the "Sent to" part of the message. The message wasn't sent to four people individually, but to 4 people simultaneously, so we're all listed on the PM as recipients.

This get more interesting - wonder why us four were chosen.

At risk of going meta, there's four names in the "Sent to" part of the message. The message wasn't sent to four people individually, but to 4 people simultaneously, so we're all listed on the PM as recipients.

So it was either a mod mistake or a clue

So you know who else has been hospitalised, correct?

I'm speeding back through yesterday, focusing from the solving of the first puzzle onwards. These are the notes I've taken as I read back. These aren't accusations. Just thoughts that came to mind as I read back.

Dorris waffles a lot.
    Nigel tries to confirm me as good after I solved the first puzzle; Abi (rightly) shuts down that line of thought.
    Connor seems the quickest to move onto solving puzzle 2.
    Wendy, in post '163, seems to post for the sake of posting.
    Babs doesn't appear on radar until after the second clue is solved.
    Post solving clue 3, Dorris still feels super fluffy.

List of people I feel worked on the puzzles overtly; Connor, Desmond, Clodagh, Riona, Nigel and Myself. (Leaving Mary off cause she dead).
    List of people who started contributing after the second was solved; Barbara, Brendan

This morning.

Wini lists three suspects. One dies. Nigel immediately starts trying to throw shade (Post 391)
    Brendan, myself and Desmond are all targeted by the same person (I'll let the forth reveal himself if he'd rather though).

I'd wager that at least one wolf would have wanted to appear helpful, without actually being helpful, yesterday during the puzzles. So I'd guess there's a wolf in the list of Connor, Desmond, Clodagh, Riona, Nigel, Barbara and Brendan. (Leaving myself off, obviously). Of that list, Nigel stands out as the most suspicious to me, at this moment. Connor, Desmond, Clodagh and Riona would be in my "Lean good" columns currently.

So you know who else has been hospitalised, correct?

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement