If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best price on following

Options
  • 16-09-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi - can you give me a price ( delivered to celbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland )on the following: Denon AVRX2400h & Cambridge audio s50 & either Q Acoustocs 2050i graphite or 3050 matte black (which would be best being driven by a Marantz PM7000?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

turlougho wrote: »
    Hi - can you give me a price ( delivered to celbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland )on the following:   Denon AVRX2400h & Cambridge audio s50 & either Q Acoustocs 2050i graphite or 3050 matte black (which would be best being driven by a Marantz PM7000?

thanks
    Hey Turlougho.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the 2400 is listed up on our website as an in-store only collection and can not be shipped.
    Might there be a different amp that might suit?

For the speakers I would go for either the 2050i or the 3050 to run with the PM7000.

The 2050i are nearly finished with only 3 pairs left. Priced at £249.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12716-309444.aspx

The 3050 are also now finishing with limited stock available and have been replaced by the 3050i.
    The 3050 in the Graphite are currently priced at £349.00. I Could squeeze these down to £330.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201184-graphite-314073.aspx

I could also offer free shipping on either of those two set of speakers.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 turlougho

many thanks for your reply Kenny

What about the Denon AVR 2500h? Can you quote delivered, in Euro? Can you please give me Euro prices for each of the speakers you mention - and also the cambridge audio S50

Also, what are the significant differences between the 2400 and the 2500? A phono stage and some Doly virtual sound codecs, are the main differences I can see? I am going to use some old Monitor Audio silver 3 as the front left and right, and then an old subwoofer. Is the cambridge audio s50 a good idea uk such a set up? I am aiming for a 5.1 set up - bi-wiring the silver 3’s, and then when Apple TV 4k enables dolby atmos I will stump for some up facing front right and lefts. Any thoughts on which to get for the atmos?

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

turlougho wrote: »
    many thanks for your reply Kenny

What about the Denon AVR 2500h? Can you quote delivered, in Euro? Can you please give me Euro prices for each of the speakers you mention - and also the cambridge audio S50

Also, what are the significant differences between the 2400 and the 2500? A phono stage and some Doly virtual sound codecs, are the main differences I can see? I am going to use some old Monitor Audio silver 3 as the front left and right, and then an old subwoofer. Is the cambridge audio s50 a good idea uk such a set up? I am aiming for a 5.1 set up - bi-wiring the silver 3’s, and then when Apple TV 4k enables dolby atmos I will stump for some up facing front right and lefts. Any thoughts on which to get for the atmos?

thanks
    Hi Turlougho.

The Denon AVRX2500 is available no problem. Its priced at 599 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203414.aspx

Euro prices are as follows.

Cambridge S50 - 129 Euro
    2050i - 299 Euro
    3050 - 388 Euro

There are a few differences the two they both have Heos built in and Alexa voice control although I think the 2500 give more control via Alexa.
    The below are all the new additions to the NEW Denon range taken from AV Forums:
    S640H/S740H/X1500H/X2500H/X3500H
    - Able to display volume and INFO menu on all 4k video (including Dolby Vision with Setup screen taking up whole display on black background)
    - Introduction of the S640H as another 5CH model but with speaker posts and Audyssey 
    RESET - Menu setting that restores all settings to factory default (in addition to usual 2 button + power on reset)
    PHONO input (also added as audio input available with <Video Select> feature)
    Airplay 2- S740H and higher models (via summer 2018 firmware update; also added to prior year HEOS "H" models as well)
    Panel Lock (either all front panel buttons or all but volume)
    Remote Control Lock (when using an IR receiver)
    Web Control (reintroduced after being dropped on all 2016-2017 "H" series models although full functionality only with a future firmware update)
    - <Dialog Level> setting more appropriately relabeled as <Center Level> as it simply adjusts the volume of the center speaker
    - <Center Level Adjust> (formerly Dialog Level Adjust) and <Subwoofer Level Adjust> no longer have an ON/OFF setting, but rather simply mirror the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Center/Subwoofer settings such that they can be adjusted on the fly now correctly as opposed to being in addition to the Manual Setup settings on previous year's models
    Surround Parameter - Panorama (previously only available on the "BT" models; added to the S640H) - expands front sound field towards the back when using Dolby PLII (Music)
    Detachable WiFi/Bluetooth antennas (new for S940H, X2500H, X3500H)
    - “ihiji Invision” and Domotz Pro remote system management technology ("X" series) 
    eARC (ie. enhanced ARC - able to play HD audio (ie. Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD-MA) from an eARC capable TV; to be added via future firmware update on the 2017 X3400H/X4400H/X6400H and the new 2018 X3500H/X4500H/X6500H) 
    (Note: Atmos over DD+ is not HD audio so therefore does not require eARC and can pass over the standard ARC connection available on all of the 2018 models)

X4500H/X6500H
    - Auro 3D - able to use Surround Back speakers
    - IMAX enhanced DTS:X processing (firmware update January 2019)

What was dropped from the 2017 models?
    - Circle indicator on front panel display when either USB (S540BT) or "HEOS Music" source is playing
    - Quick Select initial volume no longer defaults to an initial value (ie. previously 40 but now must be set by the user)
    - AUX 1 RCA input on front panel (X4500H/X6500H)

For Atmos you could go t for the Eltax ATM priced at 149 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203576-402948.aspx

Next up would be the Elac Debut A4 mk2 priced at 299 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203404-402368.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.