Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations - place to reserve an area for a hen party

• 16-09-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for some advice if anyone can help. Planning a hen party at the moment and looking to book an area in a bar/club in Dublin city centre for about 15 people. Having dinner around the South William St area. Will be mammies etc there so nothing too wild 😠any recommendations would be much appreciated. Please let me know if there's a better location for this post, I had a look at the party and gift ideas forum but it looked very quiet!

Thanks a mill 😊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Senature

Do you mean before or after dinner? Also depends on the type of crowd you are booking for. I think Zozimus is lovely with super cocktails and not too far away but I'm not sure what it is like later on at night. Somewhere like Dakota is more of an old reliable with a DJ on weekend nights and probably nearer your restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Senature wrote: »
    Do you mean before or after dinner? Also depends on the type of crowd you are booking for. I think Zozimus is lovely with super cocktails and not too far away but I'm not sure what it is like later on at night. Somewhere like Dakota is more of an old reliable with a DJ on weekend nights and probably nearer your restaurant.

Hi Senature,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it! Looking to book for after dinner, for about 10/10:30pm onwards. Will look into both places you suggested, thanks so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Senature

Just two more things to be aware of.
    1. Lots of places don't take bookings later than about 9pm as they find it impossible to hold reserved areas when the bar is busy. I would suggest if you come across this problem to ask the places you are calling if they know anywhere that will reserve at this time of night, most people will be decent and help you out.
    2. If you are trying to book this for a weekend night between now and Christmas many places already have lots of bookings for Christmas parties so I'd get on the case sooner rather than later!

Good luck

Advertisement