Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[3 Mobile Data]Does anyone else have a problem with getting three.co.uk to load?...

Options
  • 16-09-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

...Or is it just me?

Recently, I heard that three UK are going to be stocking Xiaomi phones, so I went to their site on my phone to have a look. However, the homepage refused to load whatever I did. I've tried a range of browsers (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Via) but no go.

I also have three mobile broadband - with a modem - and it loaded fine. So it seems like three is restricting my access to its UK site - with the mobile data I pay for every month! - for no good reason.

This has gotten to me to such a degree that I've taken to checking the ability to connect to the site every day at around the same times. And still nothing.

I don't understand the reasons for this, and I also find the rapidly proven restriction considerably irksome. I'm not (overtly) living in an autocracy of any kind; as a result, I find this lack of online access, whatever the instance, completely unacceptable. It's also risible in the face of having had to hand over my personal, identifying data just so I could remove the 'child protection filter' from my account, which was preventing me simply looking at VPN options. Three Ireland had better find a fix for this - or at least a bloody good reason for it - very soon, or I will escalate this further. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just checked and yes three.co.uk is not loading. Highly probably blocked by three.ie to avoid confusion, i.e. ppl who are on three.ie bill pay thinking they can order Xiaomi phones on .co.uk to use in Ireland as part of their bill pay plan here which cannot be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Start > Control Panel > Network & Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings > and right-click your connection and choose Properties.

Untick Internet Protocol Version 6
    Select Internet Protocol Version 4, and click on Properties

Put in the following DNS settins, to use Google's DNS server, rather than Three's DNS server.

If you change your DNS settings to
    Primary; 8.8.8.8
    Secondary; 8.8.4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You seem very perturbed by this. They've done nothing wrong, escalate it all you want. They know about it and don't care.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057891652/1

Advertisement