Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel linking and cell protection

Options
  • 16-09-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been asked to develop a spreadsheet with many links to other "input"spreadsheets and/or tabs and need to know how to protect previously transferred data from being overwritten by mistake.

I know how to protect cells/ranges when the spreadsheet is "finished" but as the spreadsheet will be updated regularly - by people who arent completely Excel savvy -my concern is that today's entries could overwrite previously saved data. I do not want many versions of the spreadsheet which are saved after each "input session" as it be impossible to know what version was used. My question is - What is the best way to tackle this?

Regards

Advertisement