Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberries

Options
  • 16-09-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good spots to pick blackberries around NCD?

Happy to go further afield either if there's better bounties to be had elsewhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Any where with a decent amount of hedgerows with thorny stuff should have them. Plenty on the Hill of Howth right now.

I wouldn't pick ones that are too near the roads though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye tbh they are everywhere, any dog walking route round Swords likely has an abundance, esp round Balheary pitches and to the back of Motorola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

down quiet bohereens, with plenty briars,

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

It’s a little bit late to be picking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

topnotch wrote: »
    It’s a little bit late to be picking them.
    Not at all. The season looks like a long one where I am with at least another month's worth to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

No it is not too late. there are loads that are still red, will be nice and black next week for the picking, I have been picking with past six weeks, having lovely stewed blackberries with honey and chia seeds heaped on a slice of rye bread every morning for breakfast, it is a free superfood, with the benefit of walking and getting fit picking them, and having a free bountiful breakfast, I have frozen some, as I do not use sugar so have to freeze the jam

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

Turvey nature reserve is a good spot

https://goo.gl/maps/ShTDhVmYhBz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Newbridge is normally pretty good.

Advertisement