Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Files 25 Years young

• 16-09-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I was looking to see if there was a thread on this:

Only the 20 year one
    BBC America had a 5 day marathon from last Mon & finished last nite

Back then, it useta be on Network Two - Thurs@9?

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/the-x-files

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2018/08/bbc-america-celebrates-the-x-files-25th-anniversary-with-5-day-marathon

http://epguides.com/xfiles/

Google

Wikipedia Episodes

I had only come across it by accident & saw it on the BBC America livestream late last Mon & tuned in when i could over the next few nites & the ep was aptly called "Darkness Falls" & looked it up on the wikipedia site & found out the next ep was Tooms
    The character of Eugene Tooms has also attracted positive criticism. Author Neil Gaiman listed the character of Eugene Tooms as one of his favourite monsters in a guest column for Entertainment Weekly's 1,000th issue;[18] whilst UGO Networks listed the character as one of their "Best TV Serial Killers", describing Hutchison's acting as "uber-creepy".[19] Writing for Den of Geek, John Moore listed Eugene Tooms as his "Top 10 X-Files Baddies", noting that the popularity of both "Squeeze" and "Tooms" proved to be "largely responsible for shifting the emphasis of the show" away from dwelling solely on alien conspiracy-based mythology episodes.[20]

It also featured Mitch Pileggi's first time as Walter Skinner!

Although not the ideal ep to watch before goin to bed tongue.png
    So i watched Ronald as well biggrin.png

But they only showed the last four ep of Season 9 & skipped over the aptly named "Jumping the Shark" wink.png

It's a long time i remember some of the going's on in Season 9
    With Scully pregnant & both Scully & Mulder an itemconfused.png

After 25 yrs some stand the test of time, some sadly don't,

What do you's think?

39245698_1148402265317852_1142692868192731136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=45e80b0e527729babc10050ea099f4ac&oe=5C175018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You do know they brought it back for a short run not too long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Best TV series I've ever watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It was one of those rare shows that people discussed at school and in the workplace the next morning.

Very well produced. Great plots and writing.

Chris Carter said he was inspired and captivated by the supernatural 'Kolchak' series of the 1970s... which was also excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Saw this video from this site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

Still one of my favs, every couple of years I give it a watch through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milana Early Appliance

the entire series and the season 10 are on amazon prime, just finished season 9...mostly it holds up despite getting a bit convoluted....Robert Patrick was a good addition imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

the entire series and the season 10 are on amazon prime, just finished season 9...mostly it holds up despite getting a bit convoluted....Robert Patrick was a good addition imho

The first 4 or 5 seasons were great and then it just began to lose the run of itself a bit, Robert Patrick as Doggett was good just not as good as Mulder.

Still one of my favourite shows I loved the Darkness Falls and Ice episodes which I think are both in the first season.

Must really give it a watch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

You do know they brought it back for a short run not too long ago.

Oh yeah, i've seen the show since it came back, but didn't get around to seeing it this year:(
    The first 4 or 5 seasons were great and then it just began to lose the run of itself a bit, Robert Patrick as Doggett was good just not as good as Mulder.

Still one of my favourite shows I loved the Darkness Falls and Ice episodes which I think are both in the first season.

Must really give it a watch again.

Aye, they were 1x20 & 1x08

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Chris Carter said he was inspired and captivated by the supernatural 'Kolchak' series of the 1970s... which was also excellent.

This site has details on what influenced the show. http://www.eatthecorn.com/influences-1/

Advertisement