Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ServiceNow

Options
  • 16-09-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, anyone have any experience of being a serviceNow developer?

I applied for a few software developer roles in England to get some much needed experience on my cv which it is the only reason I am considering this role.

My biggest concerns are any skills from the role transferable to other developer roles such as Java and would recruiters even consider experience in a serviceNow role.

I have got to the final interview stage and they want to fly me over for a face to face.

Any advice or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I've never even heard of it. Then again I'm not a Java developer.

I would never go for a role that had me using only a proprietary language unless it was something like SAP. You'll only pigeon hole yourself and anything more than a year there will be a waste and could do your career more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sdevx

This is also the concern of a friend who has 10+ years development exp.

I am currently working in a application support role and concerned to invest 1/2 years that may/may not lead to the development side of the company. There will be javascript involved in the role on a daily basis, which seems better than a support job. Might just head over for the interview and see what they will offer.

Advertisement