Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike epic react v pegasus zoom turbo

Options
  • 16-09-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi
    I need new runners for the DCM and am going to try the new Nike epic react or the Pegasus turbo. I went into Elverys yesterday and ordered both with the plan to only leave with one.
    Online reviews for the Pegasus is not great ( the running shoe guru, the ginger runner) whereas the public opinion is good. The epic react has had good reviews. But i would be concerned about durability. Has anyone bought either shoe to give me an idea. I'm leaning towards the Pegasus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

i bought the pegasus turbo & very happy with them, only 2 weeks old so cannot comment on durability

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hedgehoggy

Have the epic reacts and I really like them - The durability has been a bit of an issue for me - I'm hard on shoes I think anyway though -but have heard that they are actually more durable than the pegasus. Had to go up a half size - which is very unusual for me as I think I'm on the smaller side of to my normal size

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Hedgehoggy wrote:
    Have the epic reacts and I really like them - The durability has been a bit of an issue for me - I'm hard on shoes I think anyway though -but have heard that they are actually more durable than the pegasus. Had to go up a half size - which is very unusual for me as I think I'm on the smaller side of to my normal size

I tried on the reacts when they first came out they were really comfy but I didn't get a chance to run in them. I did notice the sole was very
    soft with no protection. That's the problem with buying from Elverys or Lifestyle it's hard to decide when there isn't even access to a treadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I've been using epic reacts since they came out, no problems with them, the sole does wear quite a bit after about 500 miles, just did Berlin in a pair, no complains with them, actually compared to the last 2 years where I did marathons wearing Hokas I have had no blisters or wobbly toenails

the turbos cushion will last about 250 to 300 miles. the react 500 to 600. the react material on its own is just far longer lasting for impact protection than zoom x + react combined.
    the react is unprotected in middle but will last fine in terms of wear on tarmac / paths even tho it may not look like it will.

• Advertisement

btw if you're worried about the unprotected areas for wear (as opposed to cushion) on the epic reacts you could look at the odyssey reacts which have more rubber on the outsole.

they are heavier tho than the epic reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thanks for the replys in the end I bought the Pegasus zoom turbo which went against a lot of reviews and opinions.
    I ran 6 miles in them tonight for the first time and I love them. They are light, cushioned and seem to encourage you to go fast.
    I can see why they are not for everyone they are a narrow fit and the strip down the middle could cause rubbing.

fennor72 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys in the end I bought the Pegasus zoom turbo which went against a lot of reviews and opinions.
    I ran 6 miles in them tonight for the first time and I love them. They are light, cushioned and seem to encourage you to go fast.
    I can see why they are not for everyone they are a narrow fit and the strip down the middle could cause rubbing.

could be a good option for marathon alright if you have other shoes for training.

let us know how long you find the cushion to last in terms of how it feels after 150 miles vs now.

Advertisement