Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Networks

Options
  • 16-09-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've recently decided to go for a career change and having had a huge interest in networking. I was wondering if there is anybody out there who can help steer me in the right direction. I can only study part time for now and its looking like it would have to be distance learning. Obviously I would love to get in to a company and learn hands on while studying to get certified but I've only a fetac L5 cert from 7 years ago, so I don't think that'a an option. I would love to hear from anybody out there with some pointers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

If you're starting from scratch, then a CompTIA course and certification would be my advice.

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Seriously consider going down public cloud networking route. There is a huge shortage of network engineers who understand public cloud (specifically Azure and AWS) and how to make work with current environments. This is the IT space that is growing the most and there is a ton of great work available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 finster

BailMeOut would you have any advise or further info on public cloud networking? I'd be interested in exploring all avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

finster wrote: »
    BailMeOut would you have any advise or further info on public cloud networking? I'd be interested in exploring all avenues.

https://aws.amazon.com/training/

Cloud Practitioner path and/or Architect path is what I'd look at.

There is a lot of free training here and you have have a fully functional AWS account for a year at no cost so you can play with settings in a real environment.

This is a very HOT area in IT right now and for the foreseeable future and the only work I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 finster

That's great BailMeOut, really appreciate your input!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement