Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else constantly getting logged out of the "new" Gmail?

Options
  • 16-09-2018 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭

I keep getting logged out after logging in since they've released the new version a few weeks ago.

Anyone else getting this?

clearing cache etc has no effect (using Chrome)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

mrcheez wrote:
    I keep getting logged out after logging in since they've released the new version a few weeks ago.

Anyone else getting this?

clearing cache etc has no effect (using Chrome)

I tried and disabled it when it came out. Sad thing is I got a message on Sat saying that the new version is going live in one or two weeks. Probably going to be stuck with a horrible inbox.

I'm old and don't like change lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

FanadMan wrote: »
    I tried and disabled it when it came out. Sad thing is I got a message on Sat saying that the new version is going live in one or two weeks. Probably going to be stuck with a horrible inbox.

I'm old and don't like change lol

so it's happening to you as well?

Nice bug, you think they'd have spotted it during testing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

FanadMan wrote: »

+1 I elected to go back to the old version after a week or so as the update was a disaster, performance was totally chronic. Not pleased that I'm now going to be forced to accept the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Gmail update has now been pushed out, whether you want it or not. The font used for my inbox looks like the text on a badly photocopied page.

coylemj wrote: »
    Gmail update has now been pushed out, whether you want it or not. The font used for my inbox looks like the text on a badly photocopied page.

I've gotten used to the auto-sign out thing now.

If I ever want to check for new mail I just log on, and then the handy new bug logs me out after giving me 1 second to see there are no new messages.

Thanks Google! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I can only use it on my phone,
    IF i use it on a pc or laptop it says unknown device ,i know my password .
    it asks me for a code sent to my phone.
    I have a new sim card so theres no way for me to read the code .
    i reset my phone today, deleted all data on the phone .
    i can use my gmail account ok, as it recognise,s the device.
    Even though i had no sim card in the phone.
    i had my old phone sim set up as security ,on the account.
    I can see no way to put in my new phone no into gmail,
    from the menu on gmail ,i see no settings for security ,
    phone no .
    So i can use gmail from my 2 android phones .
    I,ll just have to make a new gmail account to use from my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Maybe try log in on the phone through a browser (chrome) and then try the "Desktop site" option that will mimic the PC interface?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Thanks i,ll try that .
    on chrome or firefox from the phone.

This is getting worse now. I get logged out 3 times in succession every time I log on via PC browser (Chrome)

seems to be a popular issue: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/OfaQlxQry2U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

mrcheez wrote: »
    This is getting worse now. I get logged out 3 times in succession every time I log on via PC browser (Chrome)

seems to be a popular issue: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/OfaQlxQry2U

Lots of problems with new Gmail and Chrome updates. Must have some new intern working there and releasing untested pages :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement