Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This points deduction thing, I can’t see it. After the amount of breaches City had. I think it’ll be suspended or something.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I think with that team today, we could handle a 6 point deduction , without needing the drama of the last 2 seasons, the bottom 4 look in deep trouble already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There's just no way it's happening. It's posturing to pretend it matters. They are not going to have an active part in wiping out one of the oldest football clubs in England (the world)..

They'll suspend and then handily use that as a precedent to suspend City's 115 charges.

Which is likely their ultimate goal here.

Great win against the Hammers.

There's a shape developing with the current first XI... Lot of youth in that XI as well.

Branthwaite and Onana are both on their way to being 100m pound players. And Calvert Lewin finally looks like he's not about to break down any minute.

Garner, McNeil, Patterson all have a lot of years ahead of them.

Dyche is doing a decent enough job. December is going to be a slog though.

Post edited by lawred2 on

Mykolenko too. His form of late has been very good. Helps to have stability inside him. Great balance across the back now. Two right footed.. two left footed..

Hopefully we see neither Young nor Keane again

• Advertisement

I think we'll get one, they wont care about Everton history, about looking good , think it will be in the middle 6 or 3 points , which we can handle.

Not sure Onana is anywhere close to 100 m player , but in fairness our Director of Football is doing a reasonable job now with transfers given previous big name disasters, and his dredful winter window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

From Michael Ball in the Liverpool Echo yesterday:

There has been a lot of outside noise in relation to the Financial Fair Play investigation concerning Everton.

The fact details regarding possible punishments the club could receive has been leaked in itself is a great concern. It’s puzzling. I am also really disappointed with the timing of such reports, which began to circulate around the time of Bill Kenwright's passing.

Another question I have is why Everton’s case is being heard before Manchester City, who have got 115 charges hanging over them. You're left wondering why the Everton case has seemingly been fast-tracked while there is no urgency with City’s.

One of the key details to emerge from the report in the national media was the potential of a 12-point deduction, but I can’t really see it happening. It is one I would not be happy with at all, if it were to be approved. We've seen Portsmouth docked points in the past, but that was for going into administration. Manchester United were fined just under £300,000 by UEFA in July for an FFP breach and, not so long ago, there were a handful of English clubs who tried to disrupt the pyramid with the European Super League. They were only fined £3.5million each.

That the Premier League are now, allegedly, pushing for a points deduction of 12 points, I find it disgusting. Something we spoke about when the European Super League came about was who are you actually punishing with these sanctions? It’s the fans who will be hit hardest.

As a player, you can do something about losing 12 points. It’s down to you to have that siege mentality to try and turn things around on the pitch. If Everton were to be docked 12 points, in our current situation, it would be absolutely catastrophic. It is basically relegation. 

Having said that, I am confident with what Everton have come out with publicly on the matter and I trust what they have said in their statements. My only concern is: this is Everton. It’s happened before with us. The only one player to have been sanctioned for deceiving an official is Oumar Niasse in 2017. You’re trying to tell me that no other player since that game has done the same? 

I spoke last week about Everton being a bit of a soft touch when it comes to handling situations. I think the fans would like to see the club be more public and come out fighting in response to what has been reported of late. It's Everton, and you feel like the Premier League could try and make an example of us with this. Things have gone against us in the past and it could happen again. 

The hearing is now believed to have reached a conclusion so a decision will likely be coming soon. Hopefully we are clear. The Everton players have to carry on as normal while this is going on. It might even make them more motivated to put as many points on the board as possible, should the worst happen. The pressure of playing football is hard enough, but that will only be ramped up as we await a final outcome.

Onana is definitely on his way to 100m. He has all the attributes

Sure Gordon got 60m

I watched Gordon in CL last week , he has really matured with lots of energy, didnt do much in his last season with us, potential , but his attitude didnt sem right , mind ther was a pretty toxic atmosphere around.

Gordon hasn’t actually changed since he left. He’s just playing with better players around him in a system that works.

How people couldn’t see he’s class baffles me. He was good enough Newcastle paid 60m for him and people still thought he wasn’t good enough. I don’t get it at all. Messi would have been **** under Lampard.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I certainly didnt see that performance from him in his last year with us, his attitude didnt seam right, and looked average, probably just didnt want to be ther , if you think he was performing at that level for Everton as he is now, that bafles me.

I said I didn’t see him playing that well. He wasn’t surrounded by the right players. I couldn’t believe people though he was average though, to me he was clearly one of our best players

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

I don't think people thought he was average, just more a 20/25m player than a 60m one.

Good players should shine above average players, as said the atmosphere was pretty bad at Everton , but someone like Richi seamed to care more - the player I saw playing for Newcastle dont remember that , ever, at Everton.

Lots of people thought he was average. I saw it all the time in Reddit and Toffeeweb.

they/them/theirs

Your players are often dragged down by the players around them. You’re right about his head not being in it. But I’m taking issue with people not seeing how good he could be, not how well he was playing.

they/them/theirs

We'll probably just disagree on this, I certainly didnt see the player he is now at Everton, and given the mess we were in (and still are) was right to sell him , as a backup to DCL was far more important to us, even if that took another 6 months.

I will say was surprised how good he looked last week, fair play

Selling him was deffo the right thing to do.

Everton scored tonight 30s after I turned it on. That’s never happened before. Maybe I’m not a jinx

they/them/theirs

Back to back routine home wins with clean sheets.

It's turning bruv

Absolutely was. His attitude was not what you need in a battle.

• Advertisement

Routine win. Weird

they/them/theirs

Seams like 10 years since we won 3 in a row, first time in an age thers something positive aaprt from stadium, and relegation escpes !!

keep it coming Sean

The management of DCL in this little run has been , crucial, signing Beto even if he hasnt set the world alight , has taken the pressure of rushing back an unfit DCL , seeing DCL playing with a smile doing what he does , gives the whole team a structure, and makes us a decent outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Home to Fulham in the quarters. Not the worst draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Was at the game last night, the amount of work DCL gets through is something else. Must be a nightmare to play against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Can't believe we've reached a cup quarter final.

Cannot remember the last time we won a few games in the league cup

just great to see him back at his best , after 2 horrendous seasons, with him playing well , we go from a bad untpredictale low confidence team to a team with shape and purpose - if he keeps it going all season , Arsenal and Spurs will be sniffing around, and will test new owners real ambition.

I'm not convinced on DCL. We desperately need a regular striker to lead the line but I just can't see us getting even 20 games a season out of him.

Once we are fairly safe from relegation, I'd jump on a bid of anything over 60m

Totally disagree, we are a decent team with a fit DCL in it, take him out and we're brittle relegation fodder again, he's been rushed back past 2 seasons when not fit, now with Beto we waited until fully fit - my player of the season so far

• Advertisement

Dropped 2 points there today.

Lack of fresh legs cost us. Dyche is so slow and not proactive enough in changing things

agree , 2 dropped points, should have hung on .

I suppose a year ago a point with Brighton would have been celebtrated, so in time will view this as progress, not today.

Unbelievably poor game management. Young was out on his feet, he probably shouldn’t have even started the game but leaving him on after an hour was criminal.

DCL was doing a great job of winning headers, but he wasn’t holding up play at all. Beto should have come on earlier, we spent far too long camped in our own half.

Onana getting injured in the warm up killed us too. There was no one to replace Gana when he was knackered.

anyway, at least we didn’t lose.

they/them/theirs

Disgusting goal to concede! Young didn't do much wrong but I just don't like him at FB.

Needed a few fresh legs at about 70 minutes on. So feels like 2 points dropped. Gana was well gassed out.

But ultimately a draw against Brighton is a decent result. I'd have taken it before the game. Everton are hard to beat now which is a good place to be.

Watching Juve v Fiorentina, Kean has filled out and looks like a beast.

He never stood a chance for us, came into the club at the wrong time.

they/them/theirs

another 3 points, defense looked a bit wobbly, Tarkowski for last goal , but best start to season for a while, provided we dont get a 6 plus point deduction we will be ok

• Advertisement

Great result

Just play all our games in London sonewhere

i have no idea how we won. It wasn’t a good performance. Job done though.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

10 PTS deduction. Better this season that last, 3 bad enough teams to swim past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

City must be going down to the GM Vauxhall then.

• Advertisement

Shocking decision.

they/them/theirs

How can this be ok after everything City and Chelsea did.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

You’ll be back above Luton & Sheff Utd in a matter of weeks

Everton perceived as a soft touch.

They haven't the balls to deal with Chelsea or City.

Big surprise that a process to tackle the corruption of football is corrupt itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭TTTT

Oumar Niasse

Corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

…..

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I thinks this is a case of the premier league aiming high knowing it will be appealed down to 4/6 points.

10 points will be dodgy but could probably handle 6 I’d say.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

It better be appealed down.

City, Chelsea brazenly deny their charges and will drag it out forever.

Meanwhile Everton admit the charges, cut back massively in spending and get a ten point penalty for their efforts.

agree, as said previosly , would have accepted 6 , possibly 8, but 10 is shocking , a lot of the reason for the poor finacial statements was to do with Usmanov being sanctioned , therfore we lost funding on naming rights etc. , that was right, but we needed room to accomadate this, 10 points is just sucking up to this new Football regulater in the new woke world of football, that we know is still corrupt , given the Saudi world cup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement