Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If we cant get three points more than Luton and Burnley over the next 26 games we deserve to go down. We'll be fine but still a joke of a punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Not an Everton fan but this is ridiculous. Actually annoyed by it.

The state of the premier league.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The harshest punishment ever handed out to a premier league club. Because we overspent on the stadium, which should have been excluded.

Beyond ridiculous that Everton are made the example when City and Chelsea have carte blanche to do whatever they want.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Its the first time they’ve had a chance to sanction a club outside “the big six”, so of course Everton get **** shafted.

I have yet to see anyone say this is fair.

Banned from Europe because Liverpool fans rioted. Gutted the best team we ever had. Now they do they their leveL best to relegate us. FFP only became important when other clubs got sugar daddies. Absolute hypocrisy

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

apparently we went over by 20 million, given ther was2 years of Covd seasons, we were buildng a new stadium (the positives for the infrasctructe), given Russia invaded Ukraine, we cut ties with Usmanov (rightly) but this all had a serious effect on our finances , and get deducted 10 points but more worrigly now going to be sued by 4 or 5 relegated clubs for 100s of millions, which could hijack our sale and current cashflow - meanwhile Chelsae will keep buying in the winter window .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

Really is a shocking decision even just from an optics point of view.

Everton seemed to have been very transparent and open about their transgression, which seems relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, particularly when allowing for mitigating circumstances.

City and Chelsea lie and obfuscate and seem to get rewarded for it. Why would any club attempt to be upfront after this decision?

Everyone will be very interested to see how other clubs are punished after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They've given those three losers from last season the go ahead to sue Everton as well. Intention is clearly to see Everton obliterated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The law suits don't quite make sense to me... like, fair enough if Everton had been hiding information that only came out after the fact, but it seems Everton have been quite up front about everything, and were allowed to be in the league last year despite the contents of their filings. So if anyone's being sued it should surely be the governing body, if those clubs feel they should have acted earlier.

Exactly. Everton will again be the only recipients of any points deduction.

Next we'll hear about how ffp is being reformed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Not an Everton fan but this is ridiculous alright.

And spending on the stadium should not count. Its like the ber cert been affected by light bulbs.

Spending on the stadium should count , how else is any team going to build a new stadium, its a massive expense and part of the infrastructure of a community , clubs have to adopt to a new world and new stadiums are part of that, allowing clubs to grow and develop revenue stream , so maybe they can challenge for something, and break the big 6 monopoly. Unless the Premier league want clubs to never modernise ther facilities and grow and challenge, which is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I feel the reason the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea have not been dealt with is because the Premier league are protecting the so called 'Big Six' for fear they will leave for the European Super League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I am a Pool man through and through, but I think this is a total disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭TokTik

Chelsea haven't denied their charges. They’re the ones who went to the PL to tell them what had gone on with the previous owner.

Nonsense. Count to 1, then count to 115. Which takes longer?

Now imagine the paperwork for 1 charge and the paperwork for 115, again which do you think takes longer?

If the PL went gung ho after City and it transpired that because they’d rushed in they’d made mistakes and City got off on a technicality, you’d have the same people and conspiracy theorists whinging that the PL hadn’t taken its time and done things properly to get City off. They can’t win.

Everton broke the rules and got punished. Chelsea will be next I imagine once they’re investigated, then City will be up.

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting the PL need to fully investigate all 115 counts against Manchester City before they can make a ruling? If that's the case it may never come to light.

There's no reason they cannot take each count individually and make a ruling on it.

I think the fact of the matter is they don't want to for various reasons. They see Everton as a soft touch and went after them to make an example of them to other clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

The 10 point deduction is ridiculous for numerous reasons

Is everyone aware, the chair of the so-called "Independent commission" who found Everton guilty, and who dismissed every argument of mitigation Everton put forward, most of which were ridiculous dismissals, is non other than David Phillips KC, the well known lawyer for Leeds Utd, opening the way for his client to sue Everton, no doubt in the expectation that he'd be given the case. It's a disgrace!

Of course they’re gonna take all 115 charges into account. Anything else would be ridiculous.

A lot of these charges will be quite interconnected too... like, it'll be 50 counts of 'x' transgression, so it would be more awkward to try to put together individual cases per charge when it's a more compelling argument to show the common practice of repeated offenses, proving it's habitual default behaviour from City rather than any individual oversight etc. They could perhaps break it up into a series of types of infringements, and try to do it that way - but I think they want to say nothing, until they say everything. One of Man City's grounds for complaint with their Uefa ban was the public nature of the discourse, and it seems the PL are taking this quite seriously in how they go about it, giving as little as possible for City to complain about after.

I'm still shocked they had the balls to go as hard as they did, but now that they have, anything less than taking it seriously will make them look incompetent. They've nailed their colours to the mast by making such a big statement with 115 charges. Unfortunately, it still likely won't be enough to set things right, with City dragging it out for as long as legally possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭TTTT

Bad results for us today. We're suddenly 5 points from safety. I'm not confident we'll survive this season unless we can overturn the deduction.

How many seasons would we have been relegated with a 10 point deduction does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I'd be happy with a draw tomorrow.

But we've a hard run of games coming up. Every point now vital until the appeal

I think on appeal they will reduce fine to maybe 5 points , they would want to hurry up, cause if it drags out , other clubs will rightly kick up a fuss, if reduction is announced around Spring time.

There is no way. Everton’s nonsense accounting means it can’t. Otherwise why would anyone follow the rules. Claiming £10m loss from not suing Siggurdsson was ridiculous

They're lucky he’s not suing them for loss of earnings like Mendy.

Pretty sure Sigurdsson was still paid by Everton while suspended during his court case.

Not sure I see Mendy having much of a leg to stand on when it comes down to it either... you don't need to be found guilty of a crime to be in breach of contract, and we know there are usually "disrepute" clauses in there - if so, it's hard to imagine that his utterly horrendous behaviour towards women throughout his time at City becoming very public through the trial wouldn't have triggered those (not to mention the reveal of just how much/often he was drinking and partying). Much like the Ulster rugby lads, found not guilty, but with some abhorrent behaviour revealed in the process that reflects badly on the club.

It’ll either be 10 points or nothing IMO. Why would they halve it? I think Everton are guilty as charged after reading everything. The unfairness is the other clubs getting away with worse

If we can’t overtake Luton we don’t deserve to stay up. But we may be ok if they slap City and Chelsea with a proportional punishment, fat chance of that though

they/them/theirs

Lucky hes not suing Everton ??? , you know what he is accused or guilty of , its sick

I think the point was he was not convicted of anything and therefore could potentially sue for loss of earnings, assuming he was suspended without pay ...

That’s the best overhead kick I’ve ever seen.

they/them/theirs

I know all charges have been dropped so in the eyes of the law he’s innocent

so if he was so innocent , why was he not re-instated by the club , or even picked up by others clubs , seamed sick to me - not going ther , we are already one **** nil down

• Advertisement

I’ve no idea. But the fact is that he’s an innocent man. He’s still playing ball.

as I said if he was so innocent , surely Everton or some big club would have picked him up, and he would have told us his story but not a peep , anway lets just leave it

What do you mean “if he was so innocent”. He’s 100% innocent. He’s never been found guilty of anything.

This game has me enraged. Missed sitter after sitter. 3/4-1 wouldn't have been an unfair reflection on the first half.

Young is an idiot. Dyche is an idiot for repeatedly picking him.

The second was inevitable. I've seen enough Everton games to know that was coming.

F**k off.

Poster feels that he's guilty. And that's enough.

Well you seam to know , anyway this place is depressing eneogh , without brining up **** from the past , BTW do you even support everton, or just enjoying our misery

I feal like giving up on it - so **** angry

playing all the hits- missing chances, terrible defending, give away a soft pen and no subs till 70mins

they/them/theirs

Need new legal team

And new accountants

• Advertisement

Hard to be sustainable when the league is actively trying to relegate you.

Joke

sounds like a typical Daily Mail shock story, didnt even read it - sure we have hardly spent anything past 2 season, and what we did was balanced by sales and ok'd by authorities, - Gordon, Richie etc no buys last winter

Engaged with the authorities has proven to be worth the sum total of zero for us

well lets see what happens , the appeal has gone through , hopfully we get a just outcome.

Bottom of the league, Dom injured/out , but we're 1 up, just a regular day on the everton rolercoaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Big win

Should be sitting in 11th.

Better side and well deserved the win.

Beto and Chermiti were sh!t I thought. But Gana and Garner were superb. Back four solid too even if Young is always one moment away from disaster.

yep, especially given Dom was out , hopefully not long term - we are now only 2 points off Luton and will hopefully get out of another relegation dog fight, even if appeal gets dismissed, fair play to Dyhe , wasnt happy when he came , but done some job on a limited budget under some horrible circumstances.

Might now get to start the season in our new home properly.

Great 3 points

Goodison has become our weak point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Tough run of fixtures coming up

Newcastle

Chelsea

Burnley

City

Spurs

• Advertisement
Advertisement