Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Sounds like the 777 takeover is about to collapse, they have pumped nearly 180 mil into the club, which will have to be paid back, wonder will MSP Capital re-engage ther interest, as we owe them over 100 mill, or will the other dodgy Chesire creditor/loan shark object again - such a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Could be an interesting 48 hours for us but it needs to be sorted asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Get deducted 10 points, favorites for relegation.

Battle hard and earn some points and reduce points deduction on appeal, looking safe ish.

Get deducted more points and staring relegation in the face once again.

Battle hard and earn enough points to be mathematically safe, relief.

Season almost over and go into administration and get deducted more points and have Arsenal on final day of season to stay up.…

Wouldn't it just be typical Everton!

Post edited by SickBoy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I see we've dropped the appeal against points deductions

Probably cause the legal team was costing too much

Its because there's no need to appeal any more now we're safe. Now if get nine points clear of relegation could we chance going into administration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hi guys, just passing on some rumours from Forest side seeing as we're both dealing with similar situation.

Now, as I said before, this is just stuff I'm reading on Forest forums, so who knows if any truth.

Retracting your appeal.

Could be just due to Forest failing and you don't need the points now anyway, but one of the appeal points was to defer the 2pts to next year, which you obviously don't want now.

Also there is still an open sanction risk still pending about stadium costs that was deferred, no idea what that's about, but could this lead to more points?

On the admin, and this 777 deal looking less likely, but hearing if you beat Sheffield UTD, you might look to go into admin....but also hearing the league has an option to defer this points deduction till next season, as otherwise any club, once safe, could just go into admin in April May and leave creditors hanging.

I guess best think for now is your in PL next season at least, I have to suffer a day of matches tomorrow, and hopefully not a winner takes all on the last day....as Forest normally F UP these matches😔

Thought the 777 deal was dead, but they have loaned the club another 8 million for day to capital - wages I assume - we now owe 777 over 200 million - you couldnt make it up - you just hope ther is some wealthy fit and proper owner waiting in the wings

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

another win. If it wasn’t for the points deductions we’d be a boring 10th.

I didn’t want Dyche to stay earlier in the season, but somehow he’s done a great job.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Just get a little stability off the field with ownership and we will be ok next season, if not another tough season ahead , yeah I was concerned about Dyche , but given the wretched hand he has been dealt done a great job.

Teams coming up next season won't be as bad as the three going down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

People said that about Burnley coming up last year too though… the teams that blow away opposition in the Championship are often not as well suited to playing PL teams, because they have to change their whole style of play against all these better sides. Think that's why very-much-unfancied Luton ended up doing the best of last years trio, as they already had a dogged counterattacking style of play.

Think Leicester will be grand alright though, as they already have a core of premier league proven players, and really should've been too good to go down in the first place.

Deadline extended until end of the month for 777 to come up with the funds to complete the purchase.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1790404306900062441?t=KYWQbZFOKDpqJ_tKDgmdvA&s=19

It's not happening. Just delaying the inevitable

Actually, you can’t guarantee they won’t be.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

its a mess , they either have the funds or not - if not , move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

Tomorrow should be an interesting day - supposedly, hopefully 777 deal falls , through , but we owe them 200 mill

What's to stop another extension until the deal can be done or is this the real final deadline?

• Advertisement

Not sure, but I think 777 are being shown to be bluffers, not sure how they got the 200 mill they loaned us, borrowed from other dodgy geezers I'd say - My hope is maybe MSL are waiting in the wings , think they would be better and we owe them about 100 mill, that apparently needs to be paid tomorrow. But another dodgy loan shark, objected to ther part ownership proposal last summer, for some reason. Moshiri want out, and not sure he has anything after Usmanov got sanctioned - you couldnt make it up. But your probably right , it will get kicked to touch on Saturday

Hopefully somone, with sufficient funds and a litle integriity and nous takes over the club , otherwise another season of relegation scrap looms, given the 3 teams coming up are better than the 3 going down , and we will have to sell some players to just pay day to day bills.

Ancelotti in Champions league final , the fall, collapse began when I saw that post that Ancelotti was leaving was it 3 years ago , we went from the one of the greatest manager in world , to Rafa, Frank and now to near financial collapse . Due some luck off field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Any take over is going to take months to put together. The 777 group were given over 8 months to complete the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

agree, will be end of summer, and end of tranfer window before any new deal completed, given the complexities of taking over Everton. If someone proper comes in, they may get a waiver apparently to lend money in early.

I love that man. He was at the club for far too short a time. But what an impact! Hope he gets well soon

they/them/theirs

A small bit of good news , been about 8 years , since Carlo was announced, anyway Everton are considering new offers, one from 2 wealthy Evertonians , backed by Michael Dell, after the past few years of turbulence due someting positive and good to push the club on.

Last chance to buy an undervalued Everton.

• Advertisement

Now 7 interested bidders. some pretty wealthy people too

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Just heard on a podcast that Everton may be doing a pre-seasn in Ireland. Haven't had one of them in years.

Doing a training camp and there is rumours of a match in Dublin

Certainly better than 2 weeks ago, when 777 seamed the only show around , hopefully we pick a secure and viable bidder now.

2 bits of good news in one day - whats going on , after years of near sabotage , 777 deal is finally off, we have a new owner (hopefully), and Sheamus Coleman signs for another year

They are basically buying the stadium and premier league tv money

How much of the next few years tv money has the club already spent?

Yesterdays good news , and terrible news today , of the death of a great character and player Kevin Campbell . R.I.P Big man

Hard to believe he's gone at 54. Will never forget him keeping us up on his own when we got him on loan. Rip super Kev

• Advertisement

that front 2 of Super Kev and Jeffers. What could have been!

they/them/theirs

Such sad news. He always came across as a truly nice man. Always so positive. RIP.

No age whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭ForestFire

RIP Kevin, some great days at Forest also.

My younger brother has a photo with him the first time he saw Forest play in Shelbourne park way back in about 98 I think.

Onana has been septic tonight.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

So Everton and Villa are working together to get around PSR

Villa sell Tim Iroegbunam to Everton for £10m - Which is £10m that goes into their PSR calculations straight away

Everton now selling Lewis Dobbin to Aston Villa presumably for a similar fee - again goes into Everton's PSR calculations straight away

The £10m spent by each club only goes into the PSR calculations at the rate of £48,000 per week (if they sign 4-year contracts) - so both clubs add £10m to their immediate PSR calculations.

Clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And reasonable enough figures that they shouldn't get into trouble like Juve did for doing the same thing with Arthur/Pjanic etc.

You'd hope there's actually genuine interest in these young players too though, so the fate of their careers isn't just being determined by financial loopholes.

• Advertisement

Do either club have an actual need for either player?

The big news for everton, is off the pitch , Friedkin has been granted exclusivity, from what I have read, this is really good news , following the near disaster of Moshiri reign, the shady Russian connection, not to mention 777 - I think we can look to a more stable future - hopefully

They've already taken on board the loans and provided working capital to the stadium

Still cannot understand why the stadium wasn't financed off the books with separate long terms loans

That was the past reign, which hopefully ends soon, given the alternatives a few months ago , 777 etc , we are in a mch better place , off the field (hopefully) and actually sorting some transfers out early, i certainly feal more positive for the future than for for most of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

The 777 loan amounting to £200m has not been repaid.

You get the feeling if Bill was still around, Braithwaite would have been sold to Man Utd by now for a sum totalling about £50m including add ons

• Advertisement
Advertisement