Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attemped bookies robbery in cork(old man kicks ass)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why are people going on about protecting the bookies money? He most likely knew the young lad behind the counter and didn't want to see him get a hiding. Obviously he could have been hurt, that's what makes him a hero. Fair play.

Exactly this. I’m not sure I’d have done what he did but I think he’s a hero and the fact he’s 85 makes it better. The boot up the hole at the end is just the icing on the cake.

I’m fairly sure he’s not thinking “I want to protect the bookies money”, he’s just doing what he thinks is right. It’s the principle. Which you have to admire because most people would just be worried about what is best for them and f**k everything else as can be seen from some of the replies on this thread.

The fact he wouldn’t give interviews and just went playing pitch and putt yesterday makes him more of a legend. Mayfields answer to Clint Eastwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Glanmire. North of Cork city - near Mayfield. It's a really nice suburban mixed with countryside area. This is probably a big deal there.

The guard on RTE news was not impressed by their choice to intervene.

Glanmire is anything but nice ... doormen at the castle will attest to this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They're just lucky it wasn't a bookies in Churchfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I love this oul lad for not giving any interviews to the scumbag media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Glanmire is anything but nice ... doormen at the castle will attest to this ;)
    Anything but nice? Yeah it's real rough.

Scumbags going to one of its pubs doesn't change that it's a really nice, quiet area overall.

Advertisement